What's new

Henry! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
@Henry - Any slim chance there's some more of that Mighty Tongan available? Or does anyone here have any they don't want (although why on earth you wouldn't want it, I don't know). I'm down to my last few tablespoons - its been just about perfect over the last couple of weeks to get over some familial stress while keeping me alert enough to watch the grandkiddies (and helps me relax when i've handed them back!)

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
@Henry - Any slim chance there's some more of that Mighty Tongan available? Or does anyone here have any they don't want (although why on earth you wouldn't want it, I don't know). I'm down to my last few tablespoons - its been just about perfect over the last couple of weeks to get over some familial stress while keeping me alert enough to watch the grandkiddies (and helps me relax when i've handed them back!)
I am glad you liked that kava so much. It was definitely the best Tongan kava I had ever tried and I do miss it. But it was always meant to be a special kind of product, a a one-off type of experience, a mini adventure into the world of rare kavas. It took us ages to source it, hours to persuade those Tongan guys to do a waka version of their kava, even more time to arrange for it to be shipped to New Zealand, to be packed properly, etc. The whole thing was quite costly, especially because the total amount of kava was relatively small so all the flat fees we had to pay translated into a high per kg cost. We've shared it with a few people on the forums and I think most people have also liked it, but it'd would just be too troublesome and expensive to try to source more of it anytime soon. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
I am glad you liked that kava so much. It was definitely the best Tongan kava I had ever tried and I do miss it. But it was always meant to be a special kind of product, a a one-off type of experience, a mini adventure into the world of rare kavas. It took us ages to source it, hours to persuade those Tongan guys to do a waka version of their kava, even more time to arrange for it to be shipped to New Zealand, to be packed properly, etc. The whole thing was quite costly, especially because the total amount of kava was relatively small so all the flat fees we had to pay translated into a high per kg cost. We've shared it with a few people on the forums and I think most people have also liked it, but it'd would just be too troublesome and expensive to try to source more of it anytime soon. :(
Aww Henry. :cry: Thats too bad. But I'm glad to know I was able to enjoy this amazing and rare kava. Thanks for letting me know!

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Aww Henry. :cry: Thats too bad. But I'm glad to know I was able to enjoy this amazing and rare kava. Thanks for letting me know!
no worries. I might be going to visit these guys in Tonga in a few months. If I do go there, I will try to bring a suitcase full of their kava back to NZ and will send some to you and others who like it.

JonT

Kava Enthusiast
I also wish I hadn't consumed all my Mighty Tongan. I'm now rationing the Cheerful Fijian like crazy. But Henry keeps on sourcing kava that's better and better, so maybe the Vanuatu blend will trump everything else?! (If so, sign me up for a ton).

Status
Not open for further replies.