What's new

Here I am chugging at home for the first time! (Photos enclosed)

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
Well, yes - but you shouldn't have to strain micronized, that's the whole point of it. How about a report on the effects?
2 tbsps and 16 ounces didn't do too much for me so I reloaded. After 32 ounces/4 tbsp, I felt intoxicated and ready for bed. I fell asleep quickly.

D

Deleted User01

When I saw the chunks of fiber floating on top then I though for sure you had bought powder, not Micronized. Anyway, if you have an iron constitution, then the fiber might do ya some good.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
When I saw the chunks of fiber floating on top then I though for sure you had bought powder, not Micronized. Anyway, if you have an iron constitution, then the fiber might do ya some good.
Nope. In fact, I am going to try to always post a pic of the bag with such posts.

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
2 tbsps and 16 ounces didn't do too much for me so I reloaded. After 32 ounces/4 tbsp, I felt intoxicated and ready for bed. I fell asleep quickly.
Holy nuts. I do a half cup of root in 16 ounces of water. You should be a little more heavy handed, especially since you're a bit new to the whole kava thing. 2tbs won't do much, imo.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
I saw that. I was offered a refund and/or replacement if I sent it back. With it being only a half-pound, I declined. I will keep straining it and see how it goes.

August West

Kava Enthusiast
I'm looking into buying some yerba mate. Being that I drink entirely too much coffee and use snus tobacco, keeping my teeth white is a constant battle. @Pacifico do you feel yerba mate gives you enough of a kick like coffee? And I wonder what the price difference is, in comparison to coffee. I know nothing of it, other than it's supposed to bet healthier than coffee. Also I have a feeling that not all yerba mate is of the same quality. Does anyone have a trusted vendor?

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
I'm looking into buying some yerba mate. Being that I drink entirely too much coffee and use snus tobacco, keeping my teeth white is a constant battle. @Pacifico do you feel yerba mate gives you enough of a kick like coffee? And I wonder what the price difference is, in comparison to coffee. I know nothing of it, other than it's supposed to bet healthier than coffee. Also I have a feeling that not all yerba mate is of the same quality. Does anyone have a trusted vendor?
Just look at mt profile pic. That's not weed! Yerba mate and kava pair well.