What's new

Hi all returning to kava after long break. U.K. Based.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
. I just wanted to say hello. And thank the many contributors that have made this great forum so informative.
I first used kava kava in standArdised capsule form 30% kavalactones bought from high street health store
Holland and Baratt. I'm guessing around year 2000. I enjoyed it's anti anxiety effect so much that over the next few years
I got some personal shipments in of micronised from kava king and kona farm. One order was larger of medium grind direct
From a kava farm in Vanuatu with no online shop front just a listing that I emailed. To be honest that was the best of the lot.

I used to get hangovers and anxiety the next day from konA kava. But reading info on here now I'm not suprised. I never new anything about
noble etc. Last night I've ordered 3 kinds from a uk source on here. And looking forward to it.

I quit using it recreationally when they banned it here. Or whatever half cocked thing they did. I found it hard to get supply. However looking through my PC I see I was still getting capsules from the states as late as 2008. Probably stopped when I started using raw valerian root and then found L Theanine.

anyway, happy to be back.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
. I just wanted to say hello. And thank the many contributors that have made this great forum so informative.
I first used kava kava in standArdised capsule form 30% kavalactones bought from high street health store
Holland and Baratt. I'm guessing around year 2000. I enjoyed it's anti anxiety effect so much that over the next few years
I got some personal shipments in of micronised from kava king and kona farm. One order was larger of medium grind direct
From a kava farm in Vanuatu with no online shop front just a listing that I emailed. To be honest that was the best of the lot.

I used to get hangovers and anxiety the next day from konA kava. But reading info on here now I'm not suprised. I never new anything about
noble etc. Last night I've ordered 3 kinds from a uk source on here. And looking forward to it.

I quit using it recreationally when they banned it here. Or whatever half cocked thing they did. I found it hard to get supply. However looking through my PC I see I was still getting capsules from the states as late as 2008. Probably stopped when I started using raw valerian root and then found L Theanine.

anyway, happy to be back.
Cool! Did you happen to remember the "heavy" vs. "heady" distinction back then? I don't remember any mention of noble, heady, krunked (I was told "doped" was the term), or chemotypes. Do you member hearing about chemotypes back then?
It sure seems like a lot has changed since then (mostly for the better).

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
Hi.

Just discussion of the existence of kavalactones and wether having the whole root was better than a standardised pill.
A bit of info on type and grade of kava . Before they banned it over here it was making real headway. It was even turning up in shampoo and bubble bath. I'm pretty sure someone opened a bar in London just before the ban. Poor sod.

Danny

Hi, new to the site and never had Kava but I am extremely stressed and want to try it out. I am also from the UK, could you please put me in touch with the UK based source you mentioned? Also, any recommendations for the type to buy been a first timer? Thanks

Kava Mang

Kava Curious
Hi, new to the site and never had Kava but I am extremely stressed and want to try it out. I am also from the UK, could you please put me in touch with the UK based source you mentioned? Also, any recommendations for the type to buy been a first timer? Thanks
@Edward should probably be able to help you obtain some root in the UK.

Danny

Thanks for your help, will he see that he was mentioned and reply or should I send him a message directly? Note sure of the forum etiquette yet. Thanks again.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Thanks for your help, will he see that he was mentioned and reply or should I send him a message directly? Note sure of the forum etiquette yet. Thanks again.
Both are true. He’ll see a tag and won’t mind a pm, I feel confident. Very nice man. Check out his videos on YouTube.

Tholman

Kava Curious
Edward is great, he's not gonna mind a PM at all. I highly recommend him and am awaiting my third order from him. Wrote a review about him if you're interested.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
Yep. very helpful . Great bloke. How many years of trial and error would i have gone through in this country to try all the kavas i have in just 3 or 4 weeks? Nene for anxiety, vula waka for recreation is what ive settled on so far.