What's new

Hitting it hard lately

KavaBobo

Kava Curious
Been under allot of stress and have been hitting it hard. Only problem is, I wake up having a panic attack. What can I do to quell that without imbibiing in more? tia

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Been under allot of stress and have been hitting it hard. Only problem is, I wake up having a panic attack. What can I do to quell that without imbibiing in more? tia
I would dial back the kava, maybe get into some different routines to alleviate the stress like a hot shower after work, maybe go for a massage and treat yourself or have a masseuse come to you depending on the circumstances. These are things that come to my mind as an alternative but try to find whatever makes you happy besides kava, and do it, go for a walk ride a bike anything that makes you happy or at least a little happier besides kava.

I think it's safe to say I have gone through periods like that and I think probably most of us has.. just remember this too shall pass. and keep your head up!

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
I wake up having a panic attack
Is this a pre-existing condition? I don't think I've ever heard of someone panicking or being anxious after the heady kavalactones have worn off.
Are you on any medication or other substance by any chance?

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Hmmm... I'm glad you posted. I'm not a stranger to waking up anxious. For me it's not that the kava has withdrawaled, rather, that I was going to wake up and be anxious anyway regardless of intake. It's just part of life, part of my process. Bula!