What's new

hiwa is back

kl.Project460

Kava Enthusiast
Starsofclay, have you tried paradise kavas hawaiian dry root awa? its a mixture of Hiwa, Panelele (sp? lol) and Moi i believe. Its wonderful, and if you enjoy hawaiian kava I recommend it fully.

starsofclay

Kava Enthusiast
i really considered it but it seemed pretty expensive. 1/2 a pound for a little bit less than a full pound of this stuff. (7 dollars less, just looked it up)

but if i come to like hawaiian kava (i've only had kona kava so far) then i will try that out, because the blend sounds pretty awesome.

kl.Project460

Kava Enthusiast
It is pretty awesome. I remember Hiwa as being very mild to me. It actually turned me off to hawaiian kavas to be honest (although back then I didnt know how to knead kava, I was using a blender). Now since i know what im doing im sure it would be good. But nothing tops paradise kava. It is pricey but if you do buy it, just get a pd.

kavalover

Outsider
I remember their Hiwa being a very pleasant experience. I'll probably get some more to refresh my memory ;) I really like Hawaiian kava

kl.Lanake

Kava Curious
Love their Hiwa. They also have their Ophikao or "spotted hiwa" back in stock. Both are very good for mind relaxation and not so much of a "heavy" body feel to it.

kavalover

Outsider
Just got my shipment of Hiwa, that took a little longer than my patience is comfortable with. First thing I noticed was the new bag it's in, not an espresso - looking bag like most of us are used to. It's the same kind of zip lock back as N@H and a few other vendors use, which is awesome. I love those resealable bags.

I'll brew up a bowl here in a few and edit this post with my opinion on the batch. Anyone tried the Hiwa since it came back in stock?

EDIT - Whoa! This is a dark kava! Looks very much like a strong chocolate milk. Taste is nice, very mild going in but once I took my lips off the shell I was confronted by a very dominating peppery taste. I can almost relate that strong "shot of pepper" taste to chiefs jungle kava just much, much more mild that CJ, this Hiwa is much more appealing in terms of taste. I'm going numb, by the way. Liking this kava so far.