What's new

Powdered Kava Review Hiwa - Medium Grind

Blippy5

Certified Noble
Hiwa is a very different kava for me. I found it to be really heady, with a lot of muscle relaxation. I did not find this kava sedating at all. It is the most potent kava I have ever tried. I have a hard time describing the profile of Hiwa, but I find it to be a good experience.

Edit: I forgot to add that I have found Hiwa to be a bit drying, but I was also hitting it a bit heavy.

D

Deleted User01

@Blippy5, thanks for the review and thanks for the heads up on the Hiwa. I'm expecting to make it a weekend kava and perhaps on bad work days. Those days when I still need the energy for the headiness but I need the "relaxant" to get thru the day.

Blippy5

Certified Noble
Yeah, but i think it may be related to its potency. I was drinking it at the same amount as other kavas.

D

Deleted User01

I wish this review would show as a thread in the GHK section. The review tool is nice when you want to research something. I finally saw the review up on top with an icon. Wasn't expecting that but then again I just did some Hiwa. I guess I need to dig in some more and see what else is new.

Ok, I saw the option for reviews. Nice feature. I like it. Just gotta pay close attention.

Pocketplayer

Kava Curious
Just had to get clarity here...you used 64 grams? I looked this up;
There are 4.2 grams in a teaspoon and since a tablespoon equals 3 teaspoons, there are 12.6 grams in a tablespoon

I just did slightly over 2 teaspoons into AluBall...(5 grams) and you did SIXTY-FOUR?

Blippy5

Certified Noble
There are 4.2 grams in a teaspoon and since a tablespoon equals 3 teaspoons, there are 12.6 grams in a tablespoon

I just did slightly over 2 teaspoons into AluBall...(5 grams) and you did SIXTY-FOUR?
Lol yeah, it's a lot of hiwa, but I think I mentioned that was a two day batch for me. So 32g, still a little heavy.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor

5 grams of med grind wouldn't do much for most people, even of Hiwa. @Henry worked out my 2/3rds of a cup of whatever I was having that night came to about 70 grams. He says 50 grams is a good solid medicinal dose, 60 is getting on to heavy krunking. Good luck to you if you can get anything out of 5!