Who would win in a fight?

• Honokane Iki

• Hanakapi Ai

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
So I have had both of these kavas in the past and both were wonderful...in completely different ways. I recall the Honokane Iki made me feel intelligent and focused, and the Hanakapi made me completely loopy and 'goofy'. Everything was funny and I laughed at things that normally I wouldn't. I loved conversation and socializing on both, but as I said before, they are radically different to me. To the forum members who have used both, I am asking for opinions on which you like better and why. I am very interested to see what people share and I'm hoping to open a dialogue up regarding Hawaiin kava. What is it about Hawaiian kava that makes it so awesomely different? I absolutely love it. My order of preference is: Hawaiian, Tongan, Fijian, Vanuatuan, etc. in that order. Hawaiian kava always reminds me of smooth caramel or toffee. So nice tasting and wonderful.

So, forum members and fellow kava drinkers, what say ye?:bookworm::bookworm:::ricky::::tpbricky:::pompus:::indeedsir::

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
I like Hanapaki Ai as a heavy kava. I think it is a mismatch. Two different weight divisions.
Think 'George Foreman vs Ali'. One is slower and bigger, wider, and broader. The other is faster, cleaner, and more fluid in moving. One has a grill as his namesake (and several kids named 'George') and the other 'floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee.'

I like your comment, Deleted User01. I picture Don King presiding over a group of kava imbibers. he is the 'hype man' that gets the publicity going. This is the main event!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I could not think of two more equally matched kavas. They are both excellent and equally so. I find them both equally balanced but one hits you with the heady and heavy at the same time and the other does it sequentially. And one tastes a teeny bit better. But I call a tie.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Question effet et saveur, quel Kava fait quoi précisément, cher M. McKrunk? Merci...
Pour preciser: I found that for me, anyway, the Hanakapi 'Ai tastes a little better and hit me with a heady euphoria for about 20 - 30 minutes before the heaviness sunk in, and so after an hour I had had the full spectrum of heavy and heady experience, thus I see it as balanced. The Honokane Iki tastes great, just not quite as good, adn I got the heady and heavy both at the same time. Just as strong and pleasant as the Hanakapi 'Ai, and lasting the same duration, but there was less a trajectory, it was a solid hour of both with neither predominating. So I see both as equally excellent, just a question of what mood I'm in and want at that particular moment.

Of course, other people will have different experiences from mine. This is just the way it works for me.

(texte également disponible en français)

marksmyspot

Kava Curious
I ordered 1/2 lbs of each. I intend to mix them using 1 allubal for each. I have tried the Hanakapi Ali, but not the Honokane Iki.

I can't wait!

gork

Kava Enthusiast
See Ai is like Poe+Jackie Chan. (light and goofy) where as the Lki? iki seemed more like Marvel's Loki+Drax+Starlord: Weird funky and funny. The one time I had it left me with kind of a weird but nice warmth

Status
Not open for further replies.