What's new

Micronized Kava Review Honokane Iki

JonT

Kava Enthusiast
I have had this kava for some time. It's now time for a review. I like to give a good length of time to really think about what the kava does and what it means.

For HI, it was my daily micro for quite a few weeks. I tend to drink weaker kava than most, so it lasts forever.

However, now that I'm running low, it's actually turning into a product to be rationed! I have been comparing this with Papa Kea micro. I have to say that in my eyes HI beats it easily. Papa Kea micro has never really "worked" for me, though I do like the medium grind.
This is what's great about Chris' products. You can find what you like. Not everyone is the same.

HI micro gives me effects even with two mugs of water and just a heaped tsp in each one. That is not a lot of kava. But I already get a classic "pressure between the ears" feeling, and uplift in mood as well as a melting of any stress. It is just so reliable for me, that I have to rate this kava highly.

I have never indulged strongly in this kava, but I can imagine that you could easily tune it to get much stronger impacts just by upping the dose. With my dosage, I feel like I'm on the verge, but I don't go over. That's usually how I roll with daily kava.

Has anyone ever compared this with the favourite Mahakea? I have never tried Mahakea micro and would like to know how they compare.

I will sum up by saying that I eagerly anticipate trying many new varieties from Chris, but this kava is one that I would pass up a new variety for. So dependable, if it came up for sale again, I'd be hard pressed to pass it up. Probably :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted User01

Good review Vorticity. Honokane Iki is my favorite daytime kava (so far). It is very, very different from Papa Kea. I do Papa Kea on Sunday afternoon when I'm sore all over from yard work. It is good for Pain and it has a balance of other effects but I wouldn't call it a daytime Kava. As Chris says on his Web Site, a "Kava for every occasion".

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Great Review!!! (y) Sounds like something I'm going to try, because your rating indicates it's a really heady kava.

I noticed that you picked the powdered version because there is not a micronized one in the list to pick. from If you pick "Unlisted Product" you can add the proper product. I already did that for your review, so you don't need to do anything. It's kinda of my fault, because I can't keep up with all the products that chris is pumping out. So I'm thinking of strategies to make it easier to select the correct product.

Thanks again for the great review.!!!

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Nice review. I liked this one alot as Med grind powdered but will definitely have another go at it Micronized. Its just so much easier to use and, if rationed, a little bit goes a long way.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Has anyone ever compared this with the favourite Mahakea? I have never tried Mahakea micro and would like to know how they compare.
I've had both and the difference is fairly drastic to me. Honokane 'Iki was very light, a good kava to slightly elevate your mood and let you still walk around feeling relatively unaffected. It was but a mere tickle of what Mahakea has to offer. Two spoons of Maha might feel similar to about four spoons of Hono (it did to me anyway)...but beyond that Mahakea quickly surpasses anything easily attainable by Honokane 'Iki. Mahakea simply has more aspects to it, it feels stronger and can be more noticeable.
I recently had 100% stump Mahakea micro and I'd say that is a bit more like Honokane 'Iki.

Last edited: