What's new

Hooray for Squanch

Status
Not open for further replies.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Finally saw the light, and ordered 4 lbs of squanch. Got tracking number in the mail, told USPS to hit my phone when it lands in my mailbox.

So today I got a text that the squanch had landed. Took a hike down to the mailbox and there it was in all its priority mail goodness. There wasn't even any junk mail. Just kava! What a glorious day.

I headed home and opened it up only to find that it's 2 pounds rather than the 4 pounds I had expected.

But then I checked Squanchie's website and saw that in fact there were TWO tracking numbers issued. The email just had the first one only. Then I noticed that the package I had hauled back from the mailbox was the one that I hadn't turned on text alerts for. Weird... 'cause good old USPS said the missing package had already been delivered. I checked the other tracking number--well, it was delivered too.

Just to satisfy my curiosity I embarked on a second journey to Ye Olde Maill Boxe, and halfway down the driveway I spy a familiar Jeep making an unprecedented 2nd visit to the mailbox. The mail lady waved and drove off but I was still too far up the hill to hear anything. Encouraged, I peeped in the box to discover a new package with MORE KAVA.

And there was some junk mail that time, too. Never had the mail lady come twice in one day, especially on Saturday. Maybe I should invite her over for kava :)

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Umm... somehow the title autocorrected to "CORN". omg i'm dying.

I meant to type Hooray for Squanch. Happy New Years y'all.

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
I was a squanch virgin... but it's a good batch. Feels like Damu kicked up a few notches, or maybe Kava Time savusavu. Surprisingly mild taste. Good long term effects. Nothing negative to say about it at all.
Well I am the opposite of a Squanch virgin and I will say one negative, the stuff disappears ! I thought I had quite a bit but now it's down about 2/3rds already.... Of course I've had this smile on my face since it got here. In all seriousness Squanch is one of my all time favorites

evrnd

Kava Enthusiast
I was a squanch virgin... but it's a good batch. Feels like Damu kicked up a few notches, or maybe Kava Time savusavu. Surprisingly mild taste. Good long term effects. Nothing negative to say about it at all.
"Surprisingly mild taste"? I second The Piper's question - is this a new batch?

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
"Surprisingly mild taste"? I second The Piper's question - is this a new batch?
Well, the Squanch did not smell of burnt rubber or gasoline. I had just come from drinking Kava Vinaka 14% waka... which has an insanely piney smell and taste to match.

A fair comparison for Squanch's taste might be Kava Supreme or KWK Borogu. Squanch tastes ni-Van to me, for some reason, yet it kicks like a Fijian. Good stuff. The taste is not too strong. I've had far worse.

(Yerba mate tangent: or maybe it's time to finally get some Cruz de Malta)

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Well, the Squanch did not smell of burnt rubber or gasoline. I had just come from drinking Kava Vinaka 14% waka... which has an insanely piney smell and taste to match.

A fair comparison for Squanch's taste might be Kava Supreme or KWK Borogu. Squanch tastes ni-Van to me, for some reason, yet it kicks like a Fijian. Good stuff. The taste is not too strong. I've had far worse.

(Yerba mate tangent: or maybe it's time to finally get some Cruz de Malta)
wow. I got some a few months ago. Maybe I just have really different tastebuds than you. I didn't notice any pineyness whatsoever in Squance. I actually found the flavor on the duller side of neutral, so much that "dullness" tasted bad to me. I also found Kava Supreme notably piner than Kava Vinaka 14% "Waka" (quotes used b/c Chief's Choice is also a waka).​

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Maybe the Chief's Choice is less piney than their high test?

I wanted to test it for science, so I got the dankest Kava Vinaka available. It was rough.

Squanch strikes me as a quality Fijian waka with no particularly bad flavors. I like it a lot better than Kava Vinaka.

Jellyman64

Δ Kavanaut Δ
I will say one negative, the stuff disappears ! I thought I had quite a bit but now it's down about 2/3rds already....
I couldn't agree more. This stuff is disappearing faster than my wallet can account for! Time to get a job, I suppose... lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.