What's new

How do YOU feel when you get krunk?

N

Noname

I get these snuggly comfy feelings and i also get nostalgic and euphoria a unique kava euphoria. I also feel like listening to music.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
A strong krunk:

Mild ear-ringing, little bit of double vision. No interest in lights or loud sounds. Sounds of nature or soft conversation are OK, though I may not say much. Little bit of numbness in the face. Numbness fades, and all aches and pains in the body are gone. No racing obsessive thoughts. No regret or anxiety. Thoughts come with deep clarity, and without emotional baggage.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
It varies depending on the kind of kava.

Kava Supreme feels a little cold to me; incredibly LAZY and unmotivated. Muscle relaxation. But sometimes a note of jet-fuel headiness. Also a strong dose distorts sound.
Kava Bati was dreamy with some head buzz, but wouldn't go real deep; but it also felt quintessentially and refreshingly bright and balanced for my body chemistry (and I loved the smell of it).
Moi: Moi is weird, in a good way. Obviously it can start out with a pretty intense head buzz... But it also has this subtle bubblegum sugary brain quality to it that I can't quite describe... and it makes music sound really good to me; moreso than other kavas. Moi also tends to want to give me slurred speech...
Taveuni's Secret was similar to Moi but more head-buzzing and less sugary.
I need revisit KT Savusavu: that seemed to offer different effects depending on dose.
I WANT to revisit Kava Tonga; I never got a good dose, cause I couldn't leave it alone and ended up consuming my whole bag at 2 tbs increments; I am KICKING myself for not buying more during the thanksgiving sale...somehow I miscalculated the discount cost in my head and thought it was still too much; full-price is just so expensive...but there was something there...cause I drank two tbs and went to a lecture and remember that its subtle effects were really really nice; felt like i could listen to a lecture for hours and hours like that. [Anybody know if any of the cheaper Tongans are comparable?]
I need more experiences with Kava Vinaka products, but: I think their "Waka" was somewhat similar to a Kava Supreme Krunk but a little warmer (and tastes a little better). Their Lawena seemed dreamy sometimes and sometimes like less heady headbuzz (or a very alert-heavy-krunk). Their Chief's Choice is newly arrived and sitting on my shelf untasted; awaiting the day where I decide my dermo-probation is over.
KT Kavadu: I was thinking that this was dreamy and deep; like a deep Kava Bati, but ran out too quick to decide. [I WANT MORE!!!]
Kalm with Kava's Vula waka: only got there with it once and went up to 12 tbs. But at 12 tbs there was something that I really liked about it...but then I ran out and couldn't repeat the experiment.
I drank a whole pound of Squanch and, while it is strong, I can't say I really remember what it does. Almost like a non-sugary version of Moi? But some how heavier; but not that heavy??
Every kava seems to have its own krunk.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
A strong krunk:

Mild ear-ringing, little bit of double vision. No interest in lights or loud sounds. Sounds of nature or soft conversation are OK, though I may not say much. Little bit of numbness in the face. Numbness fades, and all aches and pains in the body are gone. No racing obsessive thoughts. No regret or anxiety. Thoughts come with deep clarity, and without emotional baggage.
That is a good example of a krunk experience. I think a lot of people mistake a kava buzz or just the general feel good qualities of kava as an actual krunk, nowadays.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
That is a good example of a krunk experience. I think a lot of people mistake a kava buzz or just the general feel good qualities of kava as an actual krunk, nowadays.
Yeah... I've always associated "krunk" with a deep meditative state in the dark. It's what happens after the social interactions of kava drinking have passed, the heady kavalactones have run their course, mo taem we waes blong malok hem i kik we i kik.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Yeah... I've always associated "krunk" with a deep meditative state in the dark. It's what happens after the social interactions of kava drinking have passed, the heady kavalactones have run their course, mo taem we waes blong malok hem i kik we i kik.
Exactly. The pinnacle of the experience. Not always attainable but once you get there, it'll be the goal.... unless you're drinking during the day : )

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
A strong krunk:

You know. The comment about emotional baggage is really interesting. I have very powerful emotions. I've noticed that kava seems to put a buffer between my thoughts and my emotions; doesn't kill them, just puts them at an arms length so they don't overpower the thinking.

Jellyman64

Δ Kavanaut Δ
I feel I've only really gotten krunk after having consumed 10 tbsp of Squanch Waka, and let me tell you, I felt tingly and numb in the face, was excited and buzzed, and felt all of my worries absolutely dissolved. I found that I would easily get over-stimulated, and had to sit in the dark. Interestingly enough I also felt light sensitivity, and music didn't leave as much of an impression than I'd predicted. It was a glowing experience, and it wore off in about thirty minutes. I liked how it didn't overstay its welcome, and left me feeling intensely relaxed. However another weird thing is an hour later I almost found it hard to go to sleep. My body fell on my bed like a rock, heavy and relaxed, but I kept waking up in the night. Interesting experience, I think krunkage is too much of a dose for me to comfortably sleep. Ah, I suppose every kava does krunk differently, and every person reacts differently.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
When I've tied into a kava that's a little over my paygrade and I experience a true overkrunk it's like this
1.) Oh, that kava had a bit more bite to the end of the cup than my last one.
2.) The television is WAY too loud
3.) My ipad suddenly feels further away than my lap
4.) Is the room bigger?
5.) The television is still much too loud
6.) Steroscopic vision may suffer. Maybe a little involuntary eye crossing going on. Better close one eye.
7.) Attempt to walk to the bedroom.
8.) Door thresholds are pretty good for keeping yourself vertical. I think I can still make it to the bed.
9.) Gravity just increased by a factor of 4.
10.) Made it to the bed having only one or two accidental ass to floor contacts.

...success

Last edited:

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Kapm always has the most entertaining krunk descriptions, hah. Overdosing results in excessive nausea and a more dysphoric feeling whereas a good krunk is a very complex state of intoxication, unlike anything else that leads to good sleep.

N

Noname

Kava is unpredictable. Let's say I start getting dysphoria at 4 shells. Next day I may be able to get super krunk on 8 shells without dysphoria. Random as fudge. Maxed out 10/10 is a bad feeling but same time there are days when you are able to get 10/10 without dysphoria and it's a beautiful feeling. Generally speaking 7.5/10 on krunk meter is perfect more than that starts to get sloppy

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
I dunno, I don't equate krunk with overdose. To me krunk is that wonderful state that is on this side of overdose.
That's the nice thing about kava: there isn't a fine line between enough and too much. The kava let's you decide how much is enough. One more shell rarely takes anyone from "ok" to "too much".

150, un petit, mademoiselle yu yu swit.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
That's the nice thing about kava: there isn't a fine line between enough and too much. The kava let's you decide how much is enough. One more shell rarely takes anyone from "ok" to "too much".

with a little experience one can get quite good at backing off from the brink of "too much." It might mean a dodgy 10 minutes or so before you're back on your game. But it doesn't ruin your night unless you are very careless.

Jellyman64

Δ Kavanaut Δ

Unless you foolishly decide to pour in irish cream flavored coffee mate! I made half a cup of kava into a full cup of irish creamer kava - and downed it in one gulp. Needless to say the combo of heavy cream and kava sent me into a frenzied trip to the bathroom.

Cue splooshing noise... I shudder even just recalling that night

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
I love kava krunk for socializing and laughing. No bright lights or TV or loud music.

I also absolutely love kava for quiet cuddles. That is the best. Cuddles in the dark and whispers.

When I’m alone, I often use it to get to the root of a problem. I’m able to see it more for what it is. Take the biased glasses off for a moment.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I will add one more description to the many good ones above. A real solid mind-numbing krunk with a heavy couch lock kava also gives me a distinct disconnect from my body. I can be laying or sitting on the couch and my arms and legs are so relaxed and "disconnected" that it takes actual will power to make them move. Like my brain has to send extra signals just to get them to respond. It is very much like sleep paralysis....