What's new

How often do you drink kava?

burnstrees

in love with the kava
Do you drink kava throughout the day, or just to relax in the evening? And if you don't drink it everyday, do you get anxiety on days you don't drink it or does the buildup of kavalactones in your system seem to help?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Kava is a nightcap for me, and daily except for when I screw up and forget not to order it. I'd say, overall, I've become a less anxious person since I started drinking kava, and that holds throughout the day even when I am not on kava. Kavalactones don't have a very long half life AFAIK, so I don't think it is a chemical build up, it's more like letting go of that shit has an overall very positive effect on your brain.

Paging Dr. @Vekta who offhand I think has had the most success with the least kava use...

Sean D.

Kava Enthusiast
Oh I wouldn't mind throughout the day, but usually I find myself waiting for the right night. If I have a light meal an hour ahead of time and a settled tummy that helps.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I drink kava daily before bed. When I first started drinking kava I was drinking it in the morning and at night, since then I've cut back to only once a day. It helps me get much more restful sleep (among the other benefits).

D

Deleted User01

I drink it 4-5 times a week in the afternoon. By the time I eat and hit the recliner, I'm ready to go to la la land. Plus it helps me get thru some the afternoon when I get the blahs at work.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
On weekdays, I drink it when I get home from work and before dinner. It helps me transition from Work Brain (get things done, tie loose ends, be on top of stuff) to home life (be open to my family, debrief from the day's pains and triumphs, talk about the future) and it works really well that way.

On the weekend, sometimes I have some in the afternoon, but generally I start to get a little sleepy and nap before evening time.

In terms of frequency (another part of your question) I drink it every other day, roughly, and I find that next days are often much lower anxiety than they'd be without kava the day before. The "hangover" effect is something that I count on to even me out and not get too caught up in reactive bullshit.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Paging Dr. @Vekta who offhand I think has had the most success with the least kava use...
I'm called a light weight for a reason. I can go for a week and some change on as little as 1 tbsp. it's different for everyone I suppose. I took about 2 years for me to get to this point though. So it takes some work and commitment.