What's new

How to Find Chemotypes for Hanakapi Ai and Honokane Iki

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
@Gourmet Hawaiian Kava Was there anything unique about the Hanakapi Ai harvest from the summer of 2015? This was one of my all time kava favorites. The harvest before that and the last one I tried during the winter were much different in effects.
Hi, other than the location there was no difference in the Hanakapi Ai. Some have told me that they have noticed a flavor change in some kava from different locations, they like the kava that I grow in Kau over the kava I grow in Paauilo. Aloha.

Chris

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Hi, other than the location there was no difference in the Hanakapi Ai. Some have told me that they have noticed a flavor change in some kava from different locations, they like the kava that I grow in Kau over the kava I grow in Paauilo. Aloha.

Chris
Is that because the lava flows near Ka'u put a bit more nutrients in the soil than you would get in Pa'auilo? Or is there a significant change in weather patterns in the two locations ?

Zaphod

Kava Lover
If by anxiety you mean me asking "how far away is my bed?" and worried I wouldn't make it before crashing for the next 12 hours then yes I have anxiety from Hanakapi 'Ai. The stuff is strong and very sedating for me.

D

Deleted User01

On that Hanakapi Ai', I call that my Zombie kava. Totally wipes my brain free of anxiety and any other waste material residing herein. I'm very surprised that you get anxiety from that. However, it is a know fact that some heady kavas (Honokani Iki) might give some people anxiety. But people have their own chemotypes and some kavas just don't react well with them. So I'm never surprised when someone complains about a well loved kava. Keep searching until you find one that hits the spot.