What's new

How to Improve Global Kava Exports

Not a bad idea, we looked into it years ago for a different business when Bitcoin was just starting up but we decided not to go ahead with it. Suffice to say, we really regret that decision now...

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
If I were starting an online business involving Bitcoin I'd probably wait until the prices stabilized. A bitcoin might be worth $400 today and $300 tomorrow.

SomeCoolGuy

If I were starting an online business involving Bitcoin I'd probably wait until the prices stabilized. A bitcoin might be worth $400 today and $300 tomorrow.
That only matters if you're trying to invest in Bitcoin. For people who want to actually use bitcoin, it's just a transport mechanism.

Euros -> Bitcoin (me) -> Bitcoin (you) -> Pounds/Dollars/whatever

It doesn't matter if the price drops from $300 to $400 in a day because the whole round trip transaction is done in under an hour.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
@SomeCoolGuy true, but your vendor is left holding the bitcoin that may be worth far less (or for that matter, far more) than the cost of the item that was sold. If the vendor stays with bitcoin only I don't see a problem, but if they're withdrawing bitcoin to USD or other currencies after he/she receives the coin then you're at the mercy of the market value.

Honestly, at the moment, using bitcoin is similar to using actual gold as a currency. Some days your same 1g of gold will buy more, or some days it will buy less. Similarly .20 BTC would be worth $224.08 a year ago where it's worth about $75 today.

It doesn't matter if the price drops from $300 to $400 in a day because the whole round trip transaction is done in under an hour.
Agreed, but most vendors keep thier BTC in their wallet, and probably wouldn't withdraw straight to cash immediately.

Don't get me wrong though, I absolutely love bitcoin and the concept behind it, but for a small business it may not be the smartest move until the prices level out with more stability (If it's being converted to USD).

Also I am far from an authority on bitcoin, so if I'm thinking incorrectly here, let me know.

SomeCoolGuy

Agreed, but most vendors keep thier BTC in their wallet, and probably wouldn't withdraw straight to cash immediately.
Nah, most merchants use something like bitpay.com or litepaid.com

https://support.bitpay.com/hc/en-us/articles/201890513
" Settlement begins instantly, so you never need to hold bitcoin when accepting payments."

Essentially, the customer sends their bitcoins to a 3rd party and then this 3rd party sends the merchant an instant bank transfer in Eurors or whatever. It's like paypal except anonymous for the customer and free for the merchant.

Other compaines like https://www.litepaid.com/ do more stuff but also charge 25 cents per transaction.

If you were going to build your own bitcoin payment system and then for some reason only convert between bitcoin and Euros once a week then obviously the price would matter. But most companies convert instantly. Bitcoin isn't really a fringe thing anymore now that companies like Newegg and Subway are accepting it.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
oh now that's awesome. I honestly didn't even know about those services. Yeah, that would work out just nicely.

keeron

Kava Enthusiast
You guys should accept Bitcoin.

#1 I don't like this kind of stuff being on my record

#2 It's easier for me to buy foreign goods (I'm in Germany) with Bitcoin.
On Your record that you have bought kava ??
Why not ?? Is it illegal where you live ??

Schlang

Kava Curious
The pop up window each time any button is clicked on their website is SUPER annoying. This doubtlessly scares off visitors and kills sales conversions for them.

Schlang

Kava Curious
I am unable to find their email address anymore. When clicking their contact button only some log-in form is displayed.

Sorry to say... but their website is anything else but customer friendly.