What's new

http://www.islandkava.com/

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure they ship from the US and fast. A while back I ordered from them, it's ok instant kava. A few times a year they have good discount codes to use.

kl.Euphoric lemur

Kava Curious
It seems like they ship from hawaii.

Should I buy Fiji Instant Kava, Hawaiian Kava (Limited Supply) or Vanuatu Instant Kava? I want one thats long lasting and doesn't make me so tired.

kl.alohasteve

Kava Curious
Bought the sample pack of their instants. Looking forward to trying it, very cheap!
Be sure to use their July sale code: July2011

starsofclay

Kava Enthusiast
wow it is cheap.. its almost half off with free shipping!

I hope I get it in time to see if I like it before the July sale is over:(

kl.Euphoric lemur

Kava Curious
I just bought from them. One 100g hawaiian and one 100g Vanuatu. ½teaspoon is one serving instead of 1teaspoon(fire island/shaman). Sounds good.

Helloha!

I am starting to hear more and more about island kava but I have only read a one or two actual reviews. I think I will definitely get in on that coupon code action! That price is redonkculous. Thanks for the heads up alohasteve. If this stuff turns out to be any good I may get a pound at the discount. Has anyone else received an order from them?

starsofclay

Kava Enthusiast
got mine today. its nice.. i really like it. doesn't have a powerful kick that squeezed root does, but definitely takes the edge off and made my cigarette withdrawal headache go away.

kudos to islandkava for a good, inexpensive instant kava!

kl.alohasteve

Kava Curious
Got mine today, tried all three of their instant kavas. The Hawaiian awa blend has a pleasant taste. The Fiji is ok, but the Vanuatu is probably more along the lines of an acquired taste. I can't rate them on potency, since I've tried all three in one setting, but I predict potency will be the reverse with Vanuatu being the most potent. Starsofclay, which one did you try?

Overall, the presentation is outstanding. The grind is very, very fine. It dissolves much better than Nakamal. The packaging is a convenient ziplock container (25g).

I would highly recommend anyone would likes instant kavas to try it!

starsofclay

Kava Enthusiast
I tried all three at different points in the day.. although i was confused because i'd never had instant kava and wasn't sure how long to blend it for. i did it about 20 seconds i guess.

the first one i tried was the vanuatu, and it was the one that took my headache away and relaxed me the most, and i didn't really taste it too much when i mixed it in a pina colada juice mix from dole.

the other two i need more time with.. because i didn't really notice much effect with them but then again i was having a pretty bad day yesterday and wasn't able to really relax

alohasteve, which ratio of powder/liquid did you use?

kl.alohasteve

Kava Curious
Generally with instant kava you just put some in your glass, pour in water or juice, and stir. No time requirements, strainers, etc. A little warm water works the best to dissolve the mixture.

The instructions say 1/4 tsp. per serving, which I find kind of weak, so I usually go with at least 1 tsp. The Hawaiian is the most palatable, effects are comparable to Fire Island. The Fiju and Vanuatu have a pungent, earthy odor/taste that I think I'm going to have to get used to. I usually drink kava straight with no mixer, so I might need to try a fruit juice.

Got my order from Island Kava! That was quick. Ordered on a Wed, received that Sat by USPS. I got the Vanuatu and Hawaiian. The Vanuatu was fairly strong. I liked it. It seemed to have more of a kick than others I have tried. The Hawaiian was really nice. It may be my new favorite. This stuff is going to be awesome at work. Also I noticed that they are extending there 40% off sale until August 2nd. I may get a pound of the Hawaiian stuff then I will be set for a while. Anyone else try their stuff?

kl.Lanake

Kava Curious
Their instant kavas have been a favorite of mine for some time now. In particular the Hawaiian Makahea. Recently I received an email from them offering a sneak preview of a new instant variety they'll be offering. Vanuatue Tudei. The claim is that it's very potent with a strong body effect. I've placed an order for 1/2 pound and will report back once I've had a chance to try it.

Overall I've found them to have the best instant kava at the most reasonable prices. It's great to have on hand when travelling or unable to mix up some root.

kl.Lanake

Kava Curious
Ended up taking my instant Tudei on an out of town business trip. It's potent enough to provide some very nice relaxation but not so powerful that you lose the will to move. Overall I think it's a very good instant kava but I still like their Makahea the best.