What's new

Hurricane heading towards the Big Island

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Wow, Hawaii seems to have been threatened by so many hurricanes this year. But they're saying this could be worse than the one that hit in 2014. Stay safe Chris. Praying to the akua, kupua and 'aumakua that all and everything will be safe. Especially with the threatened shortage of fijian kavas, we can't stand to lose our Hawaiian supply.

Stay safe Chris.

And please, hurricane, don't damage the oceanfront condo vacation home I'll be staying in, in December. Thank you

ETA: TWO hurricanes are on their way - Madeline and Lester. Lester may be weakening but either way, I fear damage will be pretty bad.

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

Oh boy, it's the start of hurricane season. We also have a tropical storm developing in the Gulf Coast that may or may not get ugly. Stock up on water everyone. No, not for drinking, for making Kava. :D You're gonna need it.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Looks like I might have to make another Hurricane blend. :woot: I hope it does not get too bad but I have plenty of kava to keep me nice and kalm throughout the storm. I will hold up a shell to all of you as long as it does not get blown away by the high winds. ::happyshell:: I will keep you all informed as to what is going on as long as I have internet. Aloha nui loa.

Chris

Jerome

Kava Lover
Well I got tomorrow off.

I think they're predicting the two Hawaiian storms will weaken or veer away before they make landfall. Hopefully!

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
Wow, Hawaii seems to have been threatened by so many hurricanes this year. But they're saying this could be worse than the one that hit in 2014. Stay safe Chris. Praying to the akua, kupua and 'aumakua that all and everything will be safe. Especially with the threatened shortage of fijian kavas, we can't stand to lose our Hawaiian supply.

Stay safe Chris.

And please, hurricane, don't damage the oceanfront condo vacation home I'll be staying in, in December. Thank you

ETA: TWO hurricanes are on their way - Madeline and Lester. Lester may be weakening but either way, I fear damage will be pretty bad.
As of now (Wednesday morning), the path of Madeline is further south and weakening so it may not be too bad here. I thought I'd share this poetic quote from the Central Pacific Hurricane Center--
"After a period of rapid intensification that ended early Tuesday,
Madeline has been rapidly weakening since Tuesday afternoon,
primarily due to increased vertical wind shear. Latest satellite
images show that the cyclone's structure has degraded significantly,
with the center estimated to be on the southwest side of the cold
cloud tops".

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I am so glad to report that the first hurricane did not do much damage to the Big Island, there was some flooding and some big wave action but I am glad that the high winds did not come. We did get a power surge that wiped out my TV DVD player phones and a few other things, I was lucky to have a surge suppressor on the computer stuff so all of that is okay. I look at it as a chance to buy a new Ultra HD TV. :D
It looks like the second hurricane will pass buy us with out doing any harm, we will see on late Friday.
The kava has survived another hurricane. :happy:
Aloha to all.

Chris

D

Deleted User01

Good news for the Kava and good news for the people who were spared a catastrophe. There are bound to be some good Labor Day sales on TVs this weekend so looks like its a win win.

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
I am so glad to report that the first hurricane did not do much damage to the Big Island, there was some flooding and some big wave action but I am glad that the high winds did not come. We did get a power surge that wiped out my TV DVD player phones and a few other things, I was lucky to have a surge suppressor on the computer stuff so all of that is okay. I look at it as a chance to buy a new Ultra HD TV. :D
It looks like the second hurricane will pass buy us with out doing any harm, we will see on late Friday.
The kava has survived another hurricane. :happy:
Aloha to all.

Chris
And perhaps a bluray player?
J/K
Glad that you're okay.