What's new

I am fairly new to kava and new to here and vendor reviews are in Kava kona not kona kava

Hey everybody. I am new here. Fairly new to kava. Used it in the past a few times and recently order from a few different vendors and received some great free samples also. I feel that kava puts me in a nice relaxing state, with good kava or what I have found to be good I can feel the effects literally within a minute. I don't know why this happens so fast, but as soon as I drink it and it hits my stomach I can feel the effects within 60 seconds given that its quality. I have a low tolerance also I only need about 3-5 grams of kava to put me where I want to be. I have ordered from kona kava farm, gotten samples from kavaking, and have gotten kava kona(not kona kava) off ebay for a very reasonable price.

KONA KAVA FARM: I purchased the whole root pieces. I felt that it would be a lot fresher soaking and grinding the root myself. I was wrong. Kona kava farm has very weak kava compared to kava kona and kavaking. It barely did anything at 3-8 grams. I soaked the roots, I ground the roots to a pulp, I kneaded and did the whole process that took a really long painstaking time. But I wanted some fresh kava. It was fresh smelling, but the effects were very little or none at all. It was somewhat better at 12 grams, but I got great effects from kavaking and kava kona at much smaller doses. So in conclusion don't buy from kona kava. There is so many reviews I neglected to read before I bought that were negative. I was strapped for money at the time and it seemed a feasible option.

KAVAKING: This was the best kava out of all 3. The instant shakes were very tasty and very effective at 3 grams. I was sent almost 3 ounces of samples free of charge. He also carries Vanuatu blend and 100% whole root that was great. It didn't numb my mouth much, but it was very effective. And for anyone who takes the time to read this you will be possibly rewarded. The kavaking asked me let other people know since I thanked him for the good kava that he is still doing samples, so go to kavakingproducts.com and go to the contact form and send him a message. He is very generous. Maybe you might get some free samples.

KAVA KONA NOT KONA KAVA: I was kind of warry since this is obviously a knock off of Kona kava, but every single review on ebay, where I bought it was 100% positive. And it was only 12.50 shipped for 9 ounces. I took into account the 70 positive reviews and not a single negative and ordered it. The kava wasn't ground up fully, there were tiny bits of whole root shavings left, but it was effective. I took 4 grams and it felt a lot better than kona kava. I felt relaxed and it was about 3/4 as potent as kavakings. For the price this kava is hard to beat. I am going to have it around for a while since I don't take too much kava.

These are my reviews and I hope everyone finds them helpful and stays away from Kona kava. Peace everybody

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
You can feel the full effects with just 3 grams of medium grind kava? Wow. I am impressed and jelaous. I usually use 50-60g.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Welcome @kristopher talaga! Great to have you here. Thanks for posting your impressions of the kava you've tried. I have not tried kava from any of those three places, but I've ordred from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava, Paradise Kava, Bula Kava House and Kalm with Kava and they are all excellent suppliers who have really opened me up to the variety of tastes, consistencies and effects of kava.

Glad to have you with us!