What's new

I like spread sheets, so I made something silly

Horopito

Kava Curious
Kava Calculator

To use make duplicate, if you want imperial please let me know what units would best suit so I can. I'm happy to make kava measure by "spoons" version too, but not yet thought how to make that till I visualise in my head at some point.

If you have even sillier ideas to add to the calculator please let me know.

Current Calculator functions
  1. millilitres to time
  2. grams to time
  3. millilitres to grams
  4. grams to millilitres
  5. time to grams
Some good base numbers to play with is 15ml and 40ml to 1g

Enjoy some silliness, from a weird nerd.

~Churr

~Noticed some issues with the time functions so fixed them

11/09/2024 ~Time functions are now working for greater then 24 hours so now you can calculate how much kava you need to watch the whole franchies:
Shell 100ml @ 25m @ 15g:1ml

Stargate:
242:24, 3878g at cost of $420 of kava (NZD)

Star Trek
837:24, 13.4kg at cost of $1450 of kava (NZD) (if your more like super low ratio it would be more 50:1 and 4.02kg/$435)

12/09/2024 ~Added "Variable Shell Calculator™" Thanks to Groggy on the forums request. Expandable to the limits of rows in Google Sheets, becasue who does not want to calculate I think 370368 (based on 10 million cell limit and 2 rows for title) people to one kava bowl. Also can bring that up to 384613 if you need to squeeze some more into it by removing the # column. Thanks again Groggy this was fun to make.

pps spelling is not my thing numbers are, so let me know if I screwed up something.

Last edited:

Forretressqt

Kava Curious
I wonder what other movie binge watch you could calculate time to grams then lord of the rings

FYI all I fixed the time functions, some of them where not correct.
Ahhh, I checked earlier and thought "Some of the calculations seem a little more than I would expect.".

Kia Ora from Aotearoa! (Kapiti) My friends and I binge LOTR maybe every 3 months, Kava is almost always involved.

Horopito

Kava Curious
Ahhh, I checked earlier and thought "Some of the calculations seem a little more than I would expect.".

Kia Ora from Aotearoa! (Kapiti) My friends and I binge LOTR maybe every 3 months, Kava is almost always involved.
Kia ora too!!

My brain trying to do time calculations calculated shells, then did the next step off shells but becasue of rounding on the shells, and some formatting issues it ended up super weird... thus now it's fixed.

Last edited:

Horopito

Kava Curious
Any nerds know how to get past 24 hours in google sheets for this? for stupid long tv binge watch's, still new to decimal time

Last edited:

Forretressqt

Kava Curious
Any nerds know how to get past 24 hours in google sheets for this? for stupid long tv binge watch's, still new to decimal time
Use =TEXT(TIME(0,G4*A3/$B$3*C$3,0),"h:mm AM/PM") for i3 and fill in the rest - this formats it to AM/PM.

You can just copy paste the formulae from other boxes into the brackets directly after "TIME"

Horopito

Kava Curious
Use =TEXT(TIME(0,G4*A3/$B$3*C$3,0),"h:mm AM/PM") for i3 and fill in the rest - this formats it to AM/PM.

You can just copy paste the formulae from other boxes into the brackets directly after "TIME"
That would make it time of day, not get past elapsed hours of 24 hours, unless the time format was shifted to not just hours but elapsed days too. for liek calculating the whole of stargate

Horopito

Kava Curious
=INT(A1)*24 + HOUR(A1) + MINUTE(A1)/60 + SECOND(A1)/3600
Solved and updated now. So now if some one needed to calculate how many grams and the cost to binge the whole stargate they now can, and that comes to 242:24 (hh:mm) @ 15:1 so 3878g Kava and $420 of kava (NZD)

Horopito

Kava Curious
Updated to allow for greater calculations then 24 hours, calculated stark trek universe both in calculator and manually to verify the results... update in main post

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
It's actually a pretty cool idea! There are a few things that would make it cooler but more complicated.
Allow users to adjust shell sizes for each person. For example, some people might prefer 50ml per shell while others might prefer 100ml. The system could adjust the number of shells and kava needed accordingly. Build out a reporting function to estimate future needs based on past consumption. You could track previous sessions (date, number of people, grams used, cost) and create a forecasting function to suggest the optimal amount of kava for upcoming sessions (Trilogies) based on trends. Build out a system that tracks how much kava you have in stock, subtracting from it after each session, and alerting when you're running low.

Horopito

Kava Curious
It's actually a pretty cool idea! There are a few things that would make it cooler but more complicated.
Allow users to adjust shell sizes for each person. For example, some people might prefer 50ml per shell while others might prefer 100ml. The system could adjust the number of shells and kava needed accordingly. Build out a reporting function to estimate future needs based on past consumption. You could track previous sessions (date, number of people, grams used, cost) and create a forecasting function to suggest the optimal amount of kava for upcoming sessions (Trilogies) based on trends. Build out a system that tracks how much kava you have in stock, subtracting from it after each session, and alerting when you're running low.
Yea I think that is doable...

I could make second page calculator to allow for a per/p shell size, total serving ,and get some useful numbers/functions off that. Though would need to be quite different layout.

Forecasting and record keeping though is whole rabbit whole of fun to think over but would be fun.

Horopito

Kava Curious
How about this??

Attachments

Horopito

Kava Curious
Go update your calculator it's done, with one extra feature which is multi shell by time round the kava bowl, bit of a weird one, but seemed a logical conclusion of what you wrote.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Go update your calculator it's done, with one extra feature which is multi shell by time round the kava bowl, bit of a weird one, but seemed a logical conclusion of what you wrote.
I love it! Can you think of anything else that might be useful for others? When you feel you are done (and with your permission) I'll feature it on the homepage sidebar so that more people can see it and take advantage of your efforts! :)

For instance, maybe a currency selector so that anyone, from any country can use it. USD, EUR, GBP, AUD and NZD. I would use a dropdown menu. You can Use Data > Data Validation to create a dropdown.
= VLOOKUP("USD", Settings!A:B, 2, FALSE) & ROUND(G3 * F3, 2)

The only other thing i can think of is to make units customizable (Metric vs Imperial). You can use the similar steps from above to create the data validation drop down menu and use something like..
= IF(UnitSelection = "Metric", ValueInGrams, ValueInGrams * 0.035)

• 1 liter = 0.264 gallons
  • 1 gram = 0.035 ounces

Horopito

Kava Curious
I love it! Can you think of anything else that might be useful for others? When you feel you are done (and with your permission) I'll feature it on the homepage sidebar so that more people can see it and take advantage of your efforts! :)

For instance, maybe a currency selector so that anyone, from any country can use it. USD, EUR, GBP, AUD and NZD. I would use a dropdown menu. You can Use Data > Data Validation to create a dropdown.
= VLOOKUP("USD", Settings!A:B, 2, FALSE) & ROUND(G3 * F3, 2)

The only other thing i can think of is to make units customizable (Metric vs Imperial). You can use the similar steps from above to create the data validation drop down menu and use something like..
= IF(UnitSelection = "Metric", ValueInGrams, ValueInGrams * 0.035)

• 1 liter = 0.264 gallons
  • 1 gram = 0.035 ounces
I'll work on that tonight and see if I can get that running and then you can feature it