What's new

I'm flaky and forgetful today - accidental toss n wash

Blue Roads

Kava Enthusiast
I strained the first shell of my blended kava and then went to blend a second shell, and without even thinking, just poured it from the blender into the cup. I use hot water, so I had put some ice cubes in it and was just waiting for it to get cold. Once it did, I started chugging it down and thought "Seems like there's some sediment in here". Once I finished it, some vague recollection (from a whole ten minutes ago) came back to me that I didn't strain it, and that's when I knew I f***ed up.

I also went to the dentist today when my appointment was tomorrow, so I'm just having one of those days. o_O

I'll keep you posted on whether or not my body rejects it.

Jacob Bula

Nobody
I strained the first shell of my blended kava and then went to blend a second shell, and without even thinking, just poured it from the blender into the cup. I use hot water, so I had put some ice cubes in it and was just waiting for it to get cold. Once it did, I started chugging it down and thought "Seems like there's some sediment in here". Once I finished it, some vague recollection (from a whole ten minutes ago) came back to me that I didn't strain it, and that's when I knew I f***ed up.

I also went to the dentist today when my appointment was tomorrow, so I'm just having one of those days. o_O

Get that fiber in!

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast

I recently used a very porous, transparent nutmilk bag to strain after blending.

It was so fast and easy to strain through.

I noticed the drink was very thick and dark, but I only had two normal ("glasses" to me, "shells" to you proper Kava drinkers lol)....before a quick shower.

Before I got out of the shower I was reallly buzzing. Very soon I had double vision, all was blurry, I was totally debilitated.

It made no sense. I handle my kava pretty well. But I just couldn't drink that jar.

Later on I tipped it through a proper kava straining bag and basically there was a notable quantitiy of extra sludge inside the strainer bag, not filtered adequately by the nutmilk bag.

It was like regular kava to me after that. But the effect I noticed from not- NOT straining, but not filtering out enough, was an astonishing increase in potency.

Im pretty flaky myself today after wild abandonment saw me spontaneously embark on a 7 day LSD excursion, consuming exactly 50 tabs by yesterday evening.

None of which was planned, and likely will never be repeated in light of the haze which hangs over me.

Kava however...I am just heading down to blend now. 32 grams Kelai plus 28 grams Borongoru for tonight.

Blue Roads

Kava Enthusiast
Get that fiber in!
That was my initial concern, but there wasn't much nausea and I didn't get the "backdoor trots". I'm wondering if it was a combination of it already being blended and strained once, then blended a second time, and that I had a large slice of ginger (not garlic, which I mistakenly said when I was describing adding ginger, LOL) in the mix.

The second wash potency well exceeded the first wash, though. I may experiment with this again. I also had a pinch of corn starch in there, courtesy of guidance given by @kastom_lif

Blue Roads

Kava Enthusiast
I recently used a very porous, transparent nutmilk bag to strain after blending.

It was so fast and easy to strain through.

I noticed the drink was very thick and dark, but I only had two normal ("glasses" to me, "shells" to you proper Kava drinkers lol)....before a quick shower.

Before I got out of the shower I was reallly buzzing. Very soon I had double vision, all was blurry, I was totally debilitated.

It made no sense. I handle my kava pretty well. But I just couldn't drink that jar.
Yes, mine was much more potent than expected, as well.

Later on I tipped it through a proper kava straining bag and basically there was a notable quantitiy of extra sludge inside the strainer bag, not filtered adequately by the nutmilk bag.

It was like regular kava to me after that. But the effect I noticed from not- NOT straining, but not filtering out enough, was an astonishing increase in potency.
That may be a good way to get a consistently stronger drink that is less likely to have ill effects. I'll have to check that out.

Im pretty flaky myself today after wild abandonment saw me spontaneously embark on a 7 day LSD excursion, consuming exactly 50 tabs by yesterday evening.

None of which was planned, and likely will never be repeated in light of the haze which hangs over me.

Kava however...I am just heading down to blend now. 32 grams Kelai plus 28 grams Borongoru for tonight.
It's too bad we can't record our hallucinations. Imagine the new breed of Youtubers that would create?

Sounds like you had a good evening, winding down with some good Kava.

Blue Roads

Kava Enthusiast
There was some nausea, but I've felt more nausea from properly strained kava that I've had in the past. No indigestion/gas/diarrhea. This was Kavafied's Bati. Still one of my favorites.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
At least you didn't leave your car window open before a huge snowstorm.... :banghead:
I have had that happen....the best solution if it is a lot is don't warm it up and grab a wet-dry shop vac and suck out as much of the snow as possible before getting the car warm.

Blue Roads

Kava Enthusiast
I have had that happen....the best solution if it is a lot is don't warm it up and grab a wet-dry shop vac and suck out as much of the snow as possible before getting the car warm.
That's what I was thinking, as long as the car is still cold, it won't get wet from the snow. If it's cleaned out really well, the heat can probably evaporate out the rest of the moisture. I did have a car flood once, but luckily no water got in the engine or transaxle, but the inside was soaked. I vacuumed out the majority of the water and used a Damp-Rid hanging bag to help dry out the remaining moisture.