What's new

Import Kava into Fiji - any Customs delay or charges?

Crunked

Proselytizer
I will be holidaying in Fiji next month. I am very keen to have some Hawaiian kava shipped to me while I am there. Does anyone know if there are customs delays or charges for importing kava to Fiji?

Crunked

Proselytizer
Because I live in Australia so I have to be overseas to order Kava. It cannot legally be shipped in to Australia, but it is perfectly legal to personally bring in up 2 kg in your baggage. I know this law makes no sense and it punishes kava drinkers who cannot afford international travel - but I don't make the rules. :facepalm:

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
I will be holidaying in Fiji next month. I am very keen to have some Hawaiian kava shipped to me while I am there. Does anyone know if there are customs delays or charges for importing kava to Fiji?
Taking sand to the beach, huh? There really is some fantastic kava in Fiji. I spent some time there last year and came across small community bars and kava drinking sessions with some amazing root. Just stay away from anywhere tourists would go to buy it and you'll be very pleased with the quality and price of what you find.