What's new

Increased Dosage Questions

ka0s_905

Kava Curious
Kava Gurus,

I have been sticking to a pretty regular 2 tablespoon dosage. I am nearly off my one sleep medication and was curious what other's typically use for quantity? I am curious for example how i'd feel after 4 tablespoons -- but i don't want to keep increasing.

Any precautions around higher dosages and what do you typically use for your amount daily?

Thanks

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Some people drink a little, some people drink a lot. Some people get good effects from small doses, some people need significantly more kava to get an equivalent effect.

Most people around here use between 2-10 tbsp regularly.
Kava doesn't build tolerance/dependance, so it's not a worry to move your dose up and down. I've personally been drinking 6-10tbsp almost every night for years.

Jeff Silvers

Kava Curious
Some people drink a little, some people drink a lot. Some people get good effects from small doses, some people need significantly more kava to get an equivalent effect.

Most people around here use between 2-10 tbsp regularly.
Kava doesn't build tolerance/dependance, so it's not a worry to move your dose up and down. I've personally been drinking 6-10tbsp almost every night for years.
How much water are you drinking with the 6 to 10 tbsp per night?

Kava Wolf

Prowling for Kava
I normally stay around 4 tbsp. As little as 3 and as many as 6. Usually 18oz - 24oz of water. Can't imagine doing 10! lol

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Kava doesn't build tolerance
I do have noticed at least a psychological tolerance to Kavas effects, especially after drinking just one kind of kava for a long time. I would recommend switching things up, if you have access to multiple kava strains.

Jeff Silvers

Kava Curious
Thanks for all the replies. I'm new to Kava and I was having a hard time getting the right amount of Kava with the right amount of water I can drink. I have found that 32 oz of water is a good amount for me to drink. I have a few different Kava's now and really enjoyed the taste and results with Kava Supreme from Kavafied. I used 4 tablespoons and that worked well.

I have tried the Kona Kava with not as good results and taste. I still have some Special Reserve and some Vanuatu Waka from Kava Kauai that I haven't tried yet.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Dosage will depend on the strain. I can do up to 3-4 tbs of heady kava in a session but if it's heavy stuff I can't go past 2 without feeling a little sick

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I do have noticed at least a psychological tolerance to Kavas effects, especially after drinking just one kind of kava for a long time. I would recommend switching things up, if you have access to multiple kava strains.
I have over time developed greater and greater tolerance for the taste, something I did not expect to happen.

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
I think it depends on how much you do aswell. I saw a video form kavassuer from the guy who runs the nak and he said he does his lowest potent one cause he doesn't need a lot to feel it. He looks permanently krunk so that's probably why lol.

Also based on strain, some strains require more from others and from batch to batch it can make a difference. For example, I'm 9tbs into medium grind borongoru and its not hitting me as hard as when i've used micronized but I'm using the aluball and probably packed too much in, didn't shake too much, and i haven't done a lot in a while so its not built up as much in my system so theirs so many variables is my point. 4-6TBS was my happy spot for micro taking like 1 TBS an hour.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
If you overdo it you may feel numbness in your face, you may get double vision, or your ears may start ringing. Not to worry. Just drink some water and lay down in a dark quiet place. You'll sleep well and wake up refreshed.

YourOlePalAl

Kava Curious
If you overdo it you may feel numbness in your face, you may get double vision, or your ears may start ringing. Not to worry. Just drink some water and lay down in a dark quiet place. You'll sleep well and wake up refreshed.
I'd like to add that sugar (dextrose specifically) does wonders for those times when you're super-rooted.