What's new

Instagram or FaceBook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi everyone, I was wondering how many of you have a Facebook account and how many have an Instagram account? What do you like better and why.
I am thinking of getting one of them for GHK and I am not sure on the one I want, also do you folks want me to get one of these accounts and if so what one do you think I should get and why. Sorry for my ignorance when it comes to social media. Thanks and aloha.

Chris

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
As a business decision, Facebook's probably a better choice. I don't use Facebook myself, but lots of people do, and it's a good way for your business to engage with people.

Instagram is more of a place to post pictures and short videos. I actually do have a throwaway Instagram account, but only so I can view instragram on mobile. I don't post anything myself.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Facebook has relatively high percentage of all age demographics, Instagram has distinctly higher percentage of teens/twenty-somethings, Snapchat leans even more heavily toward youths and has much fewer people over 30 or 40. For years, Facebook has been sliding out of favor for the younger demographics, but it is still enormous.

People going in full-on business mode tend to make accounts for all of them and try to keep them regularly updated with new content.

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
Agreeing with the Facebook votes to get started. It's the best place to post updates, articles etc, however instagram is a great place to post pictures and you can simultaneously post the pictures to your Facebook page, so it's reaching both parties with one post.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Thanks all for your input and replies. I am seriously thinking of getting a Facebook account under GHK, maybe both, I don't know yet. They are actually owned by the same company, interesting. Thanks again and aloha.

Chris

verticity

I'm interested in things
Thanks all for your input and replies. I am seriously thinking of getting a Facebook account under GHK, maybe both, I don't know yet. They are actually owned by the same company, interesting. Thanks again and aloha.

Chris
I'm on Facebook and am "Facebook Friends" with quite a few other people from here. If you join Facebook I will be your friend too. I have never used Instagram. It might be useful for connecting with the younger "hipper" crowd. Or something.:confused:
So with Facebook there are two things you can do. You can create a personal account as "Chris Allen", and also a business account for GHK. You can use the personal account to connect with people on a personal level, and the business one people subscribe to so you can post announcements/promotions etc. Most vendors here that I know on Facebook actually have both a personal and business Facebook account. (Maybe "account" isn't the right word: you can sign up as an individual user or create a business page: both are free to do)

Last edited:

WimblySlop

Kava Curious
Chris, I've emailed you regarding an order, and I just want to check in to see if it's been processed. I think the confirmation email might have missed my inbox, but I just wanted to see if you've sent the order. I note that the payment was received over a week ago.

Perhaps I should contact you on Facebook? Just let me know.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Chris, I've emailed you regarding an order, and I just want to check in to see if it's been processed. I think the confirmation email might have missed my inbox, but I just wanted to see if you've sent the order. I note that the payment was received over a week ago.

Perhaps I should contact you on Facebook? Just let me know.
Hi, all orders from the 22nd and before have been sent out, you can email me at [email protected] if you have any questions. Aloha.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.