What's new

Instant Kava Review Instant Kava Root Drink Mix

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I will keep trying until I find it then :) thank you and no more sips lol it was terrible to sip down that 8oz glass
Oh jesus, sipping 8 oz. I'm surprised you stuck with it! I shoot 4oz at a time (one "shell") with 20 minutes in between. Even then, depending on the variety, I end up with a bad case of "bulaface."

After three months with the stuff, though, I've begun to... not "enjoy" so much, but... appreciate the flavor of it. I feel like the flavor variations between the different types are a starting to get associated with the effects and I'm acquiring a taste for it now. After downing a shell, I no longer lunge for the nearest fluid to wash the taste out "AH! WINDEX!! SQUIRT SQUIRT SQUIRT!!" and just sort of sit there and contemplate the plant it came from a bit.

verticity

I'm interested in things
A teaspoon of that is actually not that much, you might need to measure in tablespoons instead. About the taste, I have recently discovered that adding some Crystal Light Lemonade powder to it does wonders to mask the taste, about 1/4 tsp per cup of kava and it actually tastes not bad. Maybe has something to do with the citric acid, I'm not sure.

Jovnya

Oh jesus, sipping 8 oz. I'm surprised you stuck with it! I shoot 4oz at a time (one "shell") with 20 minutes in between. Even then, depending on the variety, I end up with a bad case of "bulaface."

After three months with the stuff, though, I've begun to... not "enjoy" so much, but... appreciate the flavor of it. I feel like the flavor variations between the different types are a starting to get associated with the effects and I'm acquiring a taste for it now. After downing a shell, I no longer lunge for the nearest fluid to wash the taste out "AH! WINDEX!! SQUIRT SQUIRT SQUIRT!!" and just sort of sit there and contemplate the plant it came from a bit.
A teaspoon of that is actually not that much, you might need to measure in tablespoons instead. About the taste, I have recently discovered that adding some Crystal Light Lemonade powder to it does wonders to mask the taste, about 1/4 tsp per cup of kava and it actually tastes not bad. Maybe has something to do with the citric acid, I'm not sure.
well, so I tried it again with 1 tablespoon and now I feel a bit spacey... well not really... its like being tipsy but not being tipsy... weird... its like something i missing... the effect seem to get stronger the more I take... it took less for me to get here this time...

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
well, so I tried it again with 1 tablespoon and now I feel a bit spacey... well not really... its like being tipsy but not being tipsy... weird... its like something i missing... the effect seem to get stronger the more I take... it took less for me to get here this time...
It's like having a few beers, except your head is clear and your judgment is intact.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Old thread I know but can I just clarify something?

Infraredz, are you saying you used 3 TABLE spoons? So that would be about 9 TEA spoons? Maybe this is different in different countries but that sounds like a lot, even a 100g tin would last next to no time. No wonder you got a good effect because I feel okish on 2 teaspoons.