What's new

Introducing your brother to kava... Long distance!

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
So on Christmas, I successfully introduced my brother to traditional gourd yerba mate via email, text message, and Facebook. That was a challenging task. His birthday is in two weeks and I feel that micro kava is going to be by far an easier task, so long as I can get him to skip happy hour at The Pour House for just one day! My top concern is reverse tolerance. It is really hard to get someone to enjoy something that is sometimes described as tasting like dirty tree bark water if there are no physical benefits. My first thoughts are to instruct him to stick with one strain until he feels it and then go from there. I am sending him samples of all of the strains listed below. I will indicate the amounts I have stored. Where would you start him?

1/2 lb BKH 11 YR Waka
1/2 lb GHK Boroguru
---
1/4 lb GHK Moi
1/4 lb GHK Mahakea
1/4 lb GHK Nene

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Mahakea is probably the strongest of what you've listed, so that would get him over RT fastest, I believe. That said, it would be depriving him of Mahakea to appreciate when he's past RT.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
Mahakea is probably the strongest of what you've listed, so that would get him over RT fastest, I believe. That said, it would be depriving him of Mahakea to appreciate when he's past RT.
Yeah it is a dilemma. I don't have a lot of mo'i to give but it seems like that would be a good one to recommend and say, "Hey, take three shells of this a night and call me in a week."

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Yeah it is a dilemma. I don't have a lot of mo'i to give but it seems like that would be a good one to recommend and say, "Hey, take three shells of this a night and call me in a week."
Well I would say hit him upside the head, with 3 shells of mahakea. That should get him feeling OK. ::awesomesmiles:: Much love Roaddog....

Kimmer

Patently irritable
Depends on your body chemistry. We all react differently to various strains and various grinds.