What's new

Is there a problem with the kavaforums?

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi, I am wondering if anyone else is having problems navigating the kavaforums and trying to reply to PM's and other things like that. There is a good friend of mine and a popular forums member that seems to be having problems too, even more than me. This forum member told me some of his problems and this is what they are----"For the past few days Kava Forums has been complety unusable for me. I know they just changed servers, so apparently the bugs are being worked out. It loads incredible slowly and just doesn't seem to be working at all, so I have not been able to reply to any PMs. But I did receive some email alerts from KF from people who had tried to start Private Messages"
"So, Kava Forums is still completely unusable to me when I try to log in. However I can view it fine if I clear my cookies and view it without logging. "
"I cleared my DNS cahe (DNS resolution is no problem, the problem is extreme slowness). I cleared my cookies. I did Ctrl-F5. I released and renewed my dynamic IP address. I used a different browser. I used a different computer. I did all that. I am unable to view or reply to PM's. I am unable to view my alerts. I am unable too look at literally anything except the front page (which takes about 2 minutes to load) when logged in as myself. "
Has anyone else had this problem? Any mods want to weigh in here, @Kapmcrunk do you know what the problem might be?
Thanks and aloha.

Chris

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
We've been having some issues with caching in the server. The new one is particularly aggressive in it schemes, and is causing some issues with a few people still. Kavadude is working in the background, and we will continue working until it's working normally.

Just an example, It was pulling 5 different css files from cache for the chat below and it took me almost 9 hours before kavadude swooped in and got me pointed in the right direction to get it working right.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
We've been having some issues with caching in the server. The new one is particularly aggressive in it schemes, and is causing some issues with a few people still. Kavadude is working in the background, and we will continue working until it's working normally.

Just an example, It was pulling 5 different css files from cache for the chat below and it took me almost 9 hours before kavadude swooped in and got me pointed in the right direction to get it working right.
Thank you for the reply, I hope that you folks get it fixed soon and I am real glad to hear that it is not anything like XenForo "discourage" feature.
Thanks again and aloha.

Chris

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
If we're talking about the same person, he was. (There will be a post on this issue tomorrow). I checked this morning and his account is 100% clear. So if he's here, he should check again to make sure it's working correctly.

D

Deleted User01

So far I had one day where it acted up 1 time but he has been ok for me all day.
Whose the mysterious member? :cool:
Just kiddin'. :D

D

Deleted User01

you are correct, he is not named "me". Name rhymes with "pity". (I could have said ti_ty but I don't want to get banned). :LOL:
::frosty:: Is it "itsybitty".
::ricky:: Sorry, she left a long time ago and ain't coming back.

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
SWIM was having issues a couple of days. SWIM managed to log in, but SWIM was told that SWIM didn't have the privilege to post, access SWIM's inbox and then SWIM was logged out. SWIM did not care much for this experience. SWIM wants to have the accumulated 20 or so minutes of SWIM's life back. SWIM wants to know who to contact for said refund of SWIM's time.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
SWIM was having issues a couple of days. SWIM managed to log in, but SWIM was told that SWIM didn't have the privilege to post, access SWIM's inbox and then SWIM was logged out. SWIM did not care much for this experience. SWIM wants to have the accumulated 20 or so minutes of SWIM's life back. SWIM wants to know who to contact for said refund of SWIM's time.
Just contact @SWIM for your refund. :)

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
I'm on tilt just reading that.

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
Just contact @SWIM for your refund. :)
SWIM is now confused. SWIM should contact SWIM for the refund of SWIM's precious time? But, SWIM is not just SWIM, SWIM is also SWIM. SWIM needs an explanation. SWIM needs to explain.
SWIM has now blood coming from both ear holes and nose holes. SWIM wonders if SWIM even cares.

verticity

I'm interested in things
If we're talking about the same person, he was. (There will be a post on this issue tomorrow). I checked this morning and his account is 100% clear. So if he's here, he should check again to make sure it's working correctly.
Are you suggesting you are going to post something in public here about some "issue" with "this person"? I thought it was not permitted to discuss moderation issues in public. Am I mistaken about that?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Are you suggesting you are going to post something in public here about some "issue" with "this person"? I thought it was not permitted to discuss moderation issues in public. Am I mistaken about that?
Dude I am playing along , krunked as always, I am not suggesting anything I am taking a break from looking at errors.