What's new

I Love Kava Friday It is indeed THAT DAY

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
It's nice here! We are having fairly chilly nights, cool temps down to 37F, 39F, ect. I look forward to brewimg some kava tonight, I didn't drink any last night because I got home from work at two in the morning. I wonder if it was a crapshoot for my boss? stay open an extra forty five minutes to sell food and drinks to ten more people, then pay the labor costs for an extra hour for ten employees. Sounds like a flop to me. It might be like the "Happy Wife, Happy Life" slogan where making customers happy is a top priority.

Going back for a few more days, by the way, I want to share this with you all because I am sometimes asked how I get my kava so soon after ordering it- I order from Squanch kava early in the morning...before you judge me, yes, eight thirty is early in the morning for me. These orders are shipped within the hour, and arrive Monday except for when Monday is a holiday.

This past Monday, as beautiful a holiday it is, we didn't get any chemicals at work, so in about five minutes I'm going to go pick up some liquid dishsoap to bring in. Dishsoap is included in the weekly chems delivery. That reminds me, I installed our last jug of quaternary sterilizer last night, too, and I have to ask the boss to reorder it. Some of these things if you don't stay on top of, you'll have people going a long time without realizing they are out. Order times can be lengthy, you probably know this @Kapm.
My dad ordered a plank for a birthday gift to himself two months ago. The aluminum plank will support him while he is on his yellow barred scaffolding stage set, four stories high, by himself working on these great camps in the woods. The plank is rated to support 250lbs, and my dad, who is kind of tall, is going to be 200 carrying up to fifty pounds of tools, so he'll be right at the weight limit. He just picked up the plank from a neighboring town/city (too small to be a city, way too big to be a town or village) eighty miles away this Wednesday. Two months of waiting after something had been ordered and paid for!

Bula all, happy Friday, Malok to kava drinking on the beautiful days!

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
It’s hot as hades here…. Supposedly rain on the way to cool us drought stricken southern Georgia / north Florida folks… However, I must admit Kava is always “cool” :)

Sunset_squash67

Aus kava enthusiast
It's cold as hell and rainy in Australia at the moment...really missing the summer right now.
Wife and son were out for the evening so I had some peace a quiet.... 5 shells of Fijian kava last night to help deal this miserable weather and chills out ::chugger::

Have a great weekend everyone

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
It's cold as hell and rainy in Australia at the moment...really missing the summer right now.
Wife and son were out for the evening so I had some peace a quiet.... 5 shells of Fijian kava last night to help deal this miserable weather and chills out ::chugger::

Have a great weekend everyone
I'd love to have a chilly night, right about now although it is supposed to be somewhere in the 60's overnight which is unhreard of in July in New York.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
The weather hasn't been too bad. It's been humid and unpleasant, but the temperatures haven't been above the lower 90's in a while, which I prefer! Had a busy day yesterday and Friday was a bit busy in the evening, hence my tardiness here. Haven't been sleeping well but sometimes I wonder if I need to make kava more consistently to help me consistently go to bed at a good time. I need sleep schedule recalibration...

Still no luck on that kava session with a friend. I'm not giving up though.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Had some of the worst weather I've ever seen in the lower north island of NZ lately!
Usually I love winter where I am as it's a "crisp" cold but my oh my it's been stormy
We're under some sort of unholy heat-dome. Walking outside is like we accidentally stepped outside at the airport and are getting blasted by jet exhaust off the tarmac. Only thing missing is that hint of kerosene.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
We're under some sort of unholy heat-dome. Walking outside is like we accidentally stepped outside at the airport and are getting blasted by jet exhaust off the tarmac. Only thing missing is that hint of kerosene.
That sucks, been nicer lately in the 70-80's. Outdoor kava weather!

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Wow! Amazing.I'm surprised @Krunʞy, what do you mean 60s are unheard of at night in July here in New York? Here it has, in the mountains, been in the upper 30sF and lower 40s F at night and today was a hot hot day at about 77 during the day with a strong breeze. We haven't had any significantly hot nights all year. For me, 60 and above at night is unusual because it is warm. Did you mean 60s at night is warm or cold?

@fait , I'll drink kava with you! What do you think, join a kava circle on Wednesday?