What's new

I've been out of the kava game for a while...

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
So who is the MVP vendor these days? What are your favorite kavas for sale currently? (Potency is what i look for primarily)
www.kavatime.us

It’ll slap you around.

It’s not my daily kava for this reason, but if you want to walk sideways...that Ambae’s kava will do it. I haven’t had the other strains but hear they also can make you cover one eye to walk.

Echoing Intrepidus_dux with their suggestions as well.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
The latest batch of GHK mahakea is nice and potent. Feels a little heavier than I remember, though still balanced. More muscle melty, less head floaty.

For strong and balanced: Squanch, any melomelo, most Hawaiian ʻawas, or most of the selections from KavaTime are really good. Sauanch always gives me a special mystical feeling right away. Mahakea, on the other hand, ensures amazing dreams. It's like you can't go wrong!

For strong and HEAVY, try BKH, Kavafied, or Kava Vinaka.

KWK's borogu and borongoru feel in between balanced and heavy.

Blue Roads

Kava Enthusiast
www.kavatime.us

It’ll slap you around.

It’s not my daily kava for this reason, but if you want to walk sideways...that Ambae’s kava will do it. I haven’t had the other strains but hear they also can make you cover one eye to walk.

Doggone it kapm. Here I still have over a pound of kava thinking I can coast on it and save money for the next few weeks, and you dangle this carrot in front of me.
I am now 3.5 lbs of kava richer. Will post my experience when it gets here.

grannybanger

Kava Curious
hi guys, just wanna mention that i got some micronized nambawan and some of the extract from BKH. gotta say, i'm impressed. 2 tablespoons of the nambawan and about 1/3 to 1/2 a tsp of the extract and i'm feeling quite nice. as a person with a lot of anxiety, this really seems to be helping me de-stress. i really have a hard time with the taste of many kavas, but mixing this micronized with some mango juice is not bad at all.

Blue Roads

Kava Enthusiast
www.kavatime.us

It’ll slap you around.

You weren't kidding! I did 2 tbsp. of Ambae's and started to lose motor dexterity. 2 tbsp. of Ra's Finest added to the happiness. Apparently it's a more heady kava. I wanted to do a more heavy kava so I found out that Kadavu was the way to go. 2 tbsp. of that and I was texting my deep thoughts to a friend of mine. Well, they seemed deep at the time anyway. 2 more tbsp. of Ambae's and inhibitions were definitely lowered. My memories are a little bit hazy also, I remember what I did but some details are missing. The best way I can describe the feeling is that a seed was planted in my stomach and vines of relaxation and happiness grew outward towards my limbs, eventually taking over my brain. Not sure which one did that though. Tonight I did 3 aluballs but can't remember which ones. I think it was Ambae's, Ra's, and Kadavu.

Highly recommend!

Pics of the stash are below. I like how they tightly package it into bricks.

20190911_120639.jpg 20190911_120657.jpg

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
You weren't kidding! I did 2 tbsp. of Ambae's and started to lose motor dexterity. 2 tbsp. of Ra's Finest added to the happiness. Apparently it's a more heady kava. I wanted to do a more heavy kava so I found out that Kadavu was the way to go. 2 tbsp. of that and I was texting my deep thoughts to a friend of mine. Well, they seemed deep at the time anyway. 2 more tbsp. of Ambae's and inhibitions were definitely lowered. My memories are a little bit hazy also, I remember what I did but some details are missing. The best way I can describe the feeling is that a seed was planted in my stomach and vines of relaxation and happiness grew outward towards my limbs, eventually taking over my brain. Not sure which one did that though. Tonight I did 3 aluballs but can't remember which ones. I think it was Ambae's, Ra's, and Kadavu.

Highly recommend!

Pics of the stash are below. I like how they tightly package it into bricks.

View attachment 10118 View attachment 10119
It's some seriously potent root.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Wow, Kava Time has some different looking packaging these days! I'll have to reach out to Neil and get a scoop of what's going on there. It's been years since I had Kava Time.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Wow, Kava Time has some different looking packaging these days! I'll have to reach out to Neil and get a scoop of what's going on there. It's been years since I had Kava Time.
I've only gone as far as ambae and I still think it reminds me of the old kavas we used to see that would make you walk with a different step. Even the way it breaks apart and feels to the touch reminds me of the old time kavas.

Kavacus

Kava Enthusiast
The Kava Time savusavu looks intriguing, what are the group's opinions about headier kavas? I guess headier/balanced is what I'm seeking, what are your go-to's for that, and/or daily drinking? I'm too lazy to search!

Kavacus
San Diego