What's new

Just a quick tip of the hat re: Pouni Ono

Status
Not open for further replies.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
I've now had 3 bags from Amazon. I don't know what difference that's making. They've been very nicely well rounded. And pleasenltly suprisingly nice way to kick off my day and have a little bit through out the day. Keep that up guys!

gork

Kava Enthusiast
It tastes really good. Like if they could turn the flavor into just seperate drink kind of good it'd be pure win
It's more well rounded. Not quite the super energized to infinity and beyond! of 016. But more of a super gigly happy go-lucky Oh you just blew up the office...that's nice kind of thing. At least for me.

AZcat

Kava Drinker
I just drank 2 shells of Micronized Pouni Ono. Normally I don't like the taste of that one but I found if you add a very small amount of coconut oil to it, like 1/8 of a teaspoon, it improves the flavor enormously and seems to make it stronger. Very good !

Kari

Kava Curious
It tastes really good. Like if they could turn the flavor into just seperate drink kind of good it'd be pure win
It's more well rounded. Not quite the super energized to infinity and beyond! of 016. But more of a super gigly happy go-lucky Oh you just blew up the office...that's nice kind of thing. At least for me.
I just started taking Pouni Ono. I take 1 rounded T a day ( I get nauseated) and feel nothing- no giggles etc. How much should I up the dose?

NotKrunk

Kava Curious
Should I be taking my Kava with a fat source?
I usually use coconut milk with warm water using a traditional prep kneading x 10 minutes. One tablespoon seems like a light dose especially for causing nausea. I would try 2 tablespoons, use trad prep and double strain it. If nausea is an issue take a little more time with your session. Ginger tea is an awesome addition to your session.. I just bought some Poni Ono, like it a lot. I can get occasional nausea when I slam down three washes in a row and or overdo the tablespoon amount.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Should I be taking my Kava with a fat source?
Personally, I think that having an empty stomach is more useful in terms of potency than trying to take it with a fat source. I have gathered from the posts on the forums that these days (as opposed to 17 years ago when I did my first round of kava drinking), there is far less certainty among kava drinkers that a fat source increases potency significantly. Back in the late nineties, it was frequently touted that lecithin added to blender prep greatly increased potency. These days, I don't get the sense that that really panned out, otherwise I think a lot more people would be doing it. That being said, however, I have made kava with milk (dairy) instead of water and do think it made a difference. Nevertheless, I don't think I care for the difference. I think it made it stronger, but also made it less balanced and more heavy. Other than the fact that it made it a bit more drinkable, I have not felt inclined to use milk again for reasons of potency. Personally, I don't think it is necessary to mess with a fat source. Plus, if you do it wrong (like dumping a bunch of olive oil in your grog), it can taste pretty horrible. Of course, there is little to lose in trying something like coconut milk. But my personal opinion is that there is no reason to mess around with a fat source in the mixing of the kava. I do agree that a fatty meal is better than a bunch of grains after drinking kava to avoid reducing the effects, though, again, some have found the addition of the fatty meal to be less than pleasant, while others have enjoyed the "boost" of effects it seems to give. Its really up to you, but I personally think it isn't necessary.
At best it should be the difference between feeling strong effects and effects a little stronger or weak effects and effects tipping toward moderate. It is not, in my experience, something that should make the difference between feeling nothing and really feeling the kava.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.