What's new

Just got my kava in the mail and could use advice...

Shredder

Kava Enthusiast
Hey guys. So I made a drink from the paradise kava I just received earlier today. It's in the fridge chilling right now. I used 4 tablespoons of kava with about 2 cups of water. I plan on drinking it later tonight on an empty stomach before dinner.

I followed KavaKenji's method of preparation to a tee, except for the ritualistic steps of 6 and 7. Haha.

How fucked am I? Did I use too much kava for this mixture? Remember, my main purpose for using kava is to treat my panic disorder. Should I have used less?

Also, paradise kava sent me some free paste. I just dipped my finger into a small amount and put it under my tongue to dissolve. My mouth went numb! haha.
My ma is gonna pick up a 1/4 teaspoon measurement tonight at work so I can get the dosage right from now on. I don't know how often I should use the paste, or if I should wait until the kava powder runs out to use the paste so that I will still be able to provide my body with kavalactones so that I can get closer and closer to having the kava work it's magic once reverse tolerance wears off.

Thanks for taking the time to read this thread. Please consider the above information and share your wisdom with me. ::indeedsir::

-Shredder

Kava_newbie

Mi Kava, su Kava
Hey @Shredder let me know how it goes for ya. I just ordered a bag myself, but have to wait for a couple weeks to get it. What does the paste look/taste like?

DirTJerz

Error 404
Hey Shredder, It sounds like you're the opposite of fucked right now - I mean, you've got grog in the fridge! I'm no expert on ratios, but I think it's hard to go too wrong. If you're concerned it's too strong, you can always start with just drinking a little and see how you feel.

As for the paste, I had never heard of it, but I would imagine it would be ideal for an anxiety attack - just squeeze it right into your mouth for a quick dose.

Sorry I don't have an expert answer for you - I'm just home and bored without much else to do but read all the info on here and post occasionally. I look forward to hearing how this goes!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I should wait until the kava powder runs out to use the paste so that I will still be able to provide my body with kavalactones so that I can get closer and closer to having the kava work it's magic once reverse tolerance wears off.
^^ This. Definitely wait until you've finished the powder and are feeling nice effects from it. Paradise Kava extract is the nectar of the kava gods. Also, don't be scared to bump it up to say 6-7 tablespoons of powder per two cups water either.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
^^ This. Definitely wait until you've finished the powder and are feeling nice effects from it. Paradise Kava extract is the nectar of the kava gods. Also, don't be scared to bump it up to say 6-7 tablespoons of powder per two cups water either.
Well, I tend to agree with this. But of course Kapm, is known for his great advice. Much love. Roaddog....

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
A lot of people are all of sudden trying kava for their first time. I would really love to see everyone provide a review of your experiences so that we may share with others. Don't be intimidated by the form, just fill the review form to the best you can. There are no wrong answers, just valuable information for the rest of us. Thanks. ::happyshell::

If you think there is anyway I can make the review forms easier to use, don't be shy to let me know.

Kava_newbie

Mi Kava, su Kava
A lot of people are all of sudden trying kava for their first time. I would really love to see everyone provide a review of your experiences so that we may share with others. Don't be intimidated by the form, just fill the review form to the best you can. There are no wrong answers, just valuable information for the rest of us. Thanks. ::happyshell::

If you think there is anyway I can make the review forms easier to use, don't be shy to let me know.
I'll be reviewing the GHK boroguru for sure man. Glad to be a part of this community.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Shredder dude I have a big gulp cup with 3/4 cups worth of strong Vanuatu kava squeezed into it in the fridge right now. You'll be fine. If you're super worried, you could just start by drinking half. But 4 tbsps is probably about right to start with and I agree with Kapm that you can increase it aggressively (2 Ts at a time) if that doesn't do the trick.

Shredder

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks guys for the responses. Yea I just don't wanna waste the whole bag too soon cause then I'll have to order more right away. I will have two drinks a day though. One in the morning and one at night. Maybe i'll do 4 tablespoons for each drink for now. I have heard good things about borogu and boroguru kava being the best for anxiety, so maybe next time I order I'll try and grab that one instead.

Also, do you think when I finally run out of this first bag and start using the paste that I can up the dosage? Like maybe dosing half a teaspoon instead of 1/4 teaspoon? I just REALLY wanna start feeling the effects of kava ASAP!

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Look, take it till you feel it. That's what I have to say. if one shell don't work, try 10. You will get there. When I first got started, I ordered tons of cheap Amazon kava, and tried everything under the sun. I tried day time, I tried night time, I tried consuming massive amounts, I tried small amounts, and a little of everything in between. I never felt any kind of reverse tolerance. It rung my bell, on day one. Still does now, if I drink too much. I encourage to play, and play hard. You will soon find out how kava will become a part of your life.

Really I find giving dosing advice to be pretty useless. I mean everyone is different. I guess my 6 tablespoon a night, is sort of light, compared to some folks on here. But 6 or 7 teaspoons, is all I need.

My first and most important advice is to only consume after waiting 4 hours after a meal. Next my advice, is to chug as much kava as humanely possible, or at least as much as you can consume. If on the first day this dose not give you any effects, then repeat daily, until you do.

You cant really hurt yourself. If you consume too much you will puke. I can attest to this personally. But usually the double vision, will stop you from consuming the puking amount. At least that's how it works for me. Just chug 2 shells every half hour, and that will get you there. Much love. Roaddog....

Roaddog

Kava Who?
(y)@Kapmcrunk , Im trying to see the bags of HGK, but keep slipping my eyes down to those house shoes. Do you think it would be possible to retake the pictures minus the house shoes. Im sorry for being such a pain in the arse. Yea, just kidding ;)I have been buisy ::happyshell::. I'm a flip flop man myself. We should start a thread, where we show a picture of yourself. But its funny to see what Kapm, looks like. I look so different. For real, I look the very opposite. Much love. Roaddog....

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Here is what I look like, having a shell. yea, I got the hippy look, but its all good. Please ignore, my feeble attempt, to duck tape a towel over that stupid window, they put in doors. Much love. Roaddog....

SANY0061.JPG

Shredder

Kava Enthusiast
Well, in all fairness @Roaddog... I did not expect you to look like a skunk. Although, I do not mind skunks.

Ok guys. Just worked out. Gonna go eat a nice meal and chug my grog down before bed. I will report tomorrow regarding the results!

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Here is what I look like, having a shell. yea, I got the hippy look, but its all good. Please ignore, my feeble attempt, to duck tape a towel over that stupid window, they put in doors. Much love. Roaddog....

View attachment 1322
I want proof of skunk and see a pic of you and mrs. skunk!!! (with a newspaper showing the date on it)

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Ok, here's a picture of me, and Mrs. Skunk. Also remember the skunk incident happened years ago. But I got photos. Much love. Roaddog....
SANY0064.JPG
549899952-babies.jpg
469394103-Photo-0024.jpg