What's new

Just ordered some papa kea

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pjim

For me, quite a potent aroma...not the smooth flavor I was expecting. Nor was I "wowed" by the 22% claim...but this is only my 1st impressions. Often, it takes a few tastes to appreciate the delicate effects of kava.

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
Tastes like the smell of hickory smoke. Interesting. Third night with it and I've finished the bag. It was a good run lol.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Tastes like the smell of hickory smoke. Interesting. Third night with it and I've finished the bag. It was a good run lol.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD
That's a similar flavor that i found with the Honokane Iki powder. My take though it was straight up chipotle flavor.

D

Deleted User01

Ok, it's 11am and I'm starting early. Ever try to take an 88 year old woman complaining and and screaming to a standing room only Easter church service? Anyway, I just chugged some Papa Kea straight up (no Kocktail). I don't feel the need to wash out my mouth. Heh, heh, I guess that is the best compliment you can give a Kava. Very little pepper aftertaste. You are right Kavadude, it's not a honey flavored elixir, but it's as good as it gets taste wise for my taste buds. This stuff numbs my mouth and all the way down my throat. It is a trip to the dentist and I only took a few gulps. Just warming up ...

A few more chugs later getting ready for lunch in a bit. I stand by my initial review, my shoulder just stopped hurting, It does that (for me). It has some headiness but not like the Moi or the HonoKane Iki. In this respect it is more balanced than the other two. I have no anxiety and I feel myself going "slower". I'm less likely to snap at somebody and more willing to take direction from my wife (if ya know what I mean). This is a good thing right before a family get together. I wouldn't drink this during the work day because of the "slow part" unless I was having a super anxious day. Happy Easter/NBA Playoff Day!

Last edited by a moderator:

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
Well tonight is the night it's papa kea time ..I haven't drank kava in a week and am sore from playing 36 homes of golf ..so if it hits me like java man then I should be feeling pretty loose by 5 !! Can't wait !

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Well tonight is the night it's papa kea time ..I haven't drank kava in a week and am sore from playing 36 homes of golf ..so if it hits me like java man then I should be feeling pretty loose by 5 !! Can't wait !
Let us know how you like it and the effects that you noticed the most, I always like to hear reports from fellow kava drinkers. Aloha.

Chris

CanAwa

I was just about to report back ! I had 5 shells and am in extreme couch mode! Taste is quite different than I'm used to , very light earthy brew that tickled my lips and tongue just perfectly. I would put this in the same category (for me at least ) as boroguru for muscle relaxation but is leaps and bounds over it in the head department ..I feel loose and yet not so sunk into the couch that grabbing the remote when my episode of Lost is over is an chore . I'll need another session tomorrow to compare as I've noticed sometimes I get different effects from the same kava. Initial opinion ...drum roll ... Perfect ! Gourmet for sure ..I get it now ..the only thing I'm disappointed in is that I didn't order sooner ...also not getting some instant moi and perhaps a small sack of the micronized so I could make some of java and bucks drinks

D

Deleted User01

I'm glad you liked it CanAwa. I can't believe you played 36 rounds of golf. Life must be very good indeed.

CanAwa

It was yesterday for sure ..Sun was shining , ans for the first rounds of the year I didn't play too bad !

D

Deleted User01

In my experience, the first rounds are sometimes the best. You have nothing to lose and you aren't thinking about it. After that, the Golf Gods take their vengeance. You better have some sacraficial Kava on hand when the Gods descend upon you. They like Papa Kea I hear but they like a nice instant too. :rolleyes:

CanAwa

I think the golf gods punished me enough last year!! But perhaps the kava gods will win me a another bag of papa kea on thursday !!

CanAwa

Second go with the papa kea today and today more than yesterday I am tasting the smoky flavour everyone is talking about ..kind of an oaky favour and dare I say it's kind of nice ! I'm only on shell one so effects are just building now but can tell it is coming . I slept like the dead last night and woke up feeling awesome !

CanAwa

My experience last night with the papa kea was perhaps unfair to it . I called it heady bit I had some instant before when I got home for a quick fix ..I guess the two melded together cause tonight I have absolutely no headyness all body ..bit it's still great ..loosened up from my soreness and that's what I was after anyhow

Status
Not open for further replies.