What's new

Kava @ 7,000’

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Did the kava have a different effect while you were at such an elevation? Do you think it was heady because of the bike ride, the cultivar of kava, or the altitude?

Here's about 3200' for ya from Wednesday! Owl feathers, wild fire smoke, included. The big cliff shot makes it look like a pine forest, while the makeup of the forest here is evergreens and hardwoods mixed half and half.

Your photos are awesome and that looks like a nice big shell!

In the moon photo if you look at that pine tree/drawfy shrub pine, to the right of the photo and check below its bottom branches, there are a couple bright white dots visible, that's town where I walked from to get here. Walked back in the dark. - Worth it for the red moon photo, courtesy of wildfire smoke! It's gone today thankfully.
Bula!
IMG_20230726_195901123.jpg IMG_20230726_200255569.jpg IMG_20230726_203824879.jpg IMG_20230726_201922492.jpg IMG_20230726_204001843.jpg

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
Alright. NOOWWW I have to get on these shirt orders. This heatwave has gotten me way out of sorts with regards to my time at work.

Glad you enjoy them! I know the last set is somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico.
We'll try to keep these shirts safer than the last ones. Mainly by residing on Sanibel in the winter only. Thanks again for these new and improved shirts.

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
Did the kava have a different effect while you were at such an elevation? Do you think it was heady because of the bike ride, the cultivar of kava, or the altitude?

Here's about 3200' for ya from Wednesday! Owl feathers, wild fire smoke, included. The big cliff shot makes it look like a pine forest, while the makeup of the forest here is evergreens and hardwoods mixed half and half.

Your photos are awesome and that looks like a nice big shell!

In the moon photo if you look at that pine tree/drawfy shrub pine, to the right of the photo and check below its bottom branches, there are a couple bright white dots visible, that's town where I walked from to get here. Walked back in the dark. - Worth it for the red moon photo, courtesy of wildfire smoke! It's gone today thankfully.
Bula!
View attachment 13183 View attachment 13184 View attachment 13186 View attachment 13187 View attachment 13188
Lovely scenery of your temperate rain forest. Yes, I think the Rocky Mountain high feeling is definitely enhanced by kava, of whatever cultivar. Thanks for the photos!

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Rocky Mountain Hiiii ah ah ah ah ah ah iiigh. Good ol' John Denver.

I hear it's pretty dry up in the Rockies, and in that part of the United States in general. I am interested in physics and it already fascinates me how kava works. The highest above sea level I've had a shell at so far was 4600', near the top of Marcy a few years ago. It was peaceful and balancing. I chose there because it was calm and I could see the top, however from the top it was windy and I could no longer see NY's tallest mtn, only its shadow.