What's new

Kava an cbd don't mix well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael1011

Kava Curious
So I've noticed that with my cannabis consumption kava often potentiates the affect of cannabis unless its a high cbd strain. Cbd seems to completely block and prohibit the affects of kava. It doesn't matter how much I've had that same day. Once I drank two very potent aluballs and was nearly seeing double and after some cbd I tried drinking another, then another and I felt nothing which is weird because kava gets stronger throughout the day. I've had lots of experiences like this. note to self, don't mix cbD and kava.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
So I've noticed that with my cannabis consumption kava often potentiates the affect of cannabis unless its a high cbd strain. Cbd seems to completely block and prohibit the affects of kava. It doesn't matter how much I've had that same day. Once I drank two very potent aluballs and was nearly seeing double and after some cbd I tried drinking another, then another and I felt nothing which is weird because kava gets stronger throughout the day. I've had lots of experiences like this. note to self, don't mix cbD and kava.
Interesting. This speaks to the logic that everyone’s body is slightly different. I’ve seen some people swear by the combination.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
CBD + Kava is different than Kava by itself.
Cannabis leaves or flowers cooked in oil; potently medicinal, Kava can help /or hinder parts of this process
The medicinal effects of Kava are noticeably changed depending on which order you introduce the two plants, whether you have one before the other or how much time apart.

Intention is important, fundamental to the outcome of all your actions.

Scientifically speaking, both plants take time to process in your body. They do not metabolize at exactly the same rate.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Yeah I don't see an issue. CBD helps with the sleep and pain relief of the kava but it does get rid of some of the pleasant energizing feeling that certain kavas give me. Just depends on what you are looking for. Both of them seem to have an "antipsychotic" effect which is a horrible word for it, it's the kind of thing that makes you a little bit emotionally dulled if you overindulge on certain varieties but also keeps you calm. When combined I have gotten a very slight dysphoria a couple of times, like they were surpressing emotions that needed to be felt. It's really nothing serious though and didn't last long. This could be just me but I have gotten that from benzodiazepines and from kava or CBD on their own too

Status
Not open for further replies.