What's new

Kava and Bee Stings

Status
Not open for further replies.

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
Anyone ever made a paste of medium grind and use it to stop the pain from a bee sting? We have been making trails on our property and me including my kids have gotten stung a few times by running into the not-so-lucky yellow-jacket nest. What got me thinking about this was the fact that we have these lidocaine wipes that work really well. But it would be awesome to use the power of kavain to do the same thing and also as an anti-inflammatory maybe too. Based on how fast kavain works at numbing my mouth when I drink kava, my guess would be that it would work? Which strain has the highest amount of kavain? Hmmmmm.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Try it and let us know! I would mix plantain in after for a super helpful mix. Plantain helps pull the particulates out before sealing up the wound

Last edited:

PepperyPyrone

Sure, I will take one for the team. I get stung all the time and we have bee hives too, but yellow-jackets hurt a lot more and the little devils don't die after they sting you! I have seen them stinging over and over in the same spot, like they're drilling for oil. They also are known to rob the honey bees of their honey! I was just hoping that someone had already tried it. It makes sense that it should work well. But for how long is the question. I have heard of using plantain, but don't you have to chew it up with your own saliva for it to work? I've also heard of making plantain tinctures as well. I will try kava by itself first.

PepperyPyrone

Can anyone suggest the most mouth numbing kava they have ever tried? I know the high kavains would make sense, like Moi or Solomons Island, but I have had other less heady kavas that numbed me up pretty well.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Just use a ninja with a tiny bit of water or a blender .. the Saliva doesn't activate it or anything. The plantains chemistry does the work by itself. The chewing just releases it from cell walls. So blend ! Like we do with kava! .

You can make a salve. And add kava . Using olive oil or whatever you like and apply that... it'll work for everything but burns because the oil traps the heat.

PepperyPyrone

The venom in bee stings breaks down above a certain temperature. Heat up a smooth rock as hot as you can stand (without burning yourself of course) and press it against the sting.
I think I might stick with lidocaine, plantain, or try kava. LOL By the time I build a fire to heat the rock up it won't hurt anymore. But it is a good concept as long as you don't burn yourself. I was thinking of making an olive oil based paste with plantain mixed with a kava extract where you have purified kavain in high concentration. I'm also curious if just rubbing kava powder on it would work. Maybe even instant kava, not micronized, but pure instant kava. It wouldn't take much. Hey and I have some GHK Moi instant, that would work perfect. Hmmm.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Every stinging insect seems to have a different effect. Bees aren't so bad. Wasps and hornets hurt more and the pain lasts for a long time. Cowkillers hurt like crazy but the pain goes away quickly. And fire ants don't hurt too bad but leave nasty pustules.

Down in kava-country they have stonefish and giant centipedes ("milepad" or "kruked" in Bislama). Big pain and it lasts. Definitely something to avoid.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I got stung 5 or 6 times all at once recently and had kava with me on the walk . I was in a river so no plantain around . I ran back to my car fighting off the bastards! My heart was racing. I ran so fast and it hurt so bad lol. I drank my kava it helped a lot .. I went home and these bad boys hurt for another day or so and itched for almost a week

Status
Not open for further replies.