What's new

Kava and KETO

Status
Not open for further replies.

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
Long time no chat, sorry for the lack of posts just been kinda busy.

I have a question, Reading this forum and some others I am finding it difficult to find an answer about the ol Kava and Carbs thing.
I started eating the Keto lifestyle, and MUST have extremely low carbs through out the process "no more then 30g net carbs a day"

Anyy conclusive information on this?

Mahalo in advance!

endwatcher

So judging by that post, was you saying that

In 8 TBL Kava, squeezed and strain the way we do it.

It contains less than 28g CARBS?
Im trying to figure out a definitive number that I can base my daily intake on

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I'm saying strained kava contains nearly zero carbs. If you want to make sure you are in ketosis, you could use ketostix or something, but I would not worry about counting it at all.

endwatcher

Yea, I have some ketostix.
My main concern was throwing myself out of Ketosis, and having to get it in line again the next day or 2.
Thanks for the definitive translation, And Ill post here if it throws me out of Keto, or not for future readers.

blindy107

Kava Lover
I never had an issue being kicked out of ketosis but I have no idea what the carb count is. It's pretty fibrous. I wouldn't think net was very high at all. Just make it with heavy cream, counteracts everything ::awesomesmiles::

endwatcher

haha, Heavy cream and coconut oil!

Actually.....that would probably help the Kavalactones to bind better...
Was you able to feel K with less like Alcohol and Ketosis is?

endwatcher

Ok, so I took some pics of ketostix one right before, and then one the next morning. I drank a total of 8 or so cups of 2TBL root to 1 cup water. And had absolutely no efect on Ketones.

I didnt get rooted faster, I thought I was going to because while in ketosis; alcohol can have a stronger effect on you and I assumed the same with Kava. But wasnt so.

I did however not really enjoy it, Ive been in Ketosis passed my break in period and Keto flu, and really getting great clarity and a chilll effect. The Kava kinda hindered my clarity.
It should be know that it wasnt the best of kava and was Fijian, so that could also be the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.