What's new

Kava and L-theanine

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
L-theanine has become a lifesaver for me as far as relieving stress and allowing me to focus. Haven't had kava for awhile because of budget issues. Kava should be here in a few days, and I'm wondering about the effects of taking them together. Obviously, I could just skip the l-theanine on days I have kava, but I'm wondering if there are any issues or benefits to taking them at the same time.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
there's some in the KWK concentrate and that seems not to be a problem. Could be a problem with higher doses maybe? I have no idea, but in the concentrate it's fine.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
L-theanine has become a lifesaver for me as far as relieving stress and allowing me to focus. Haven't had kava for awhile because of budget issues. Kava should be here in a few days, and I'm wondering about the effects of taking them together. Obviously, I could just skip the l-theanine on days I have kava, but I'm wondering if there are any issues or benefits to taking them at the same time.
I use L-Theanine almost daily with kava as a part of my daily supplements and never have had any issues. Some people may prefer it at night due to it's calming effects but I take it in the morning because it's easier to remember.

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
I'm waiting for my fav, Mahakea. However, it does give me a little anxiety at higher doses. I wonder if the l-theanine would offset that the way it does with caffeine? May be an interesting experiment. Kava in the name of science!::chugger::

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
You will be fine with kava, I used to take l theanine for anxiety, at night I would booze so they would interact. Needless to say it I increase the effects of booze but nothing dangerous.

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
I do capsules as well, but I don't have a scale. Best I can figure one not quite full oo capsule is about 400 mg.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Status
Not open for further replies.