What's new

Kava and Lung Cancer

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Thanks, got em, except I couldn't find the Xing paper from 2013 on pubmed. Guess I will have to come up with some other link

Feel free to PM me with any kava papers you have

Last edited:

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
Thanks, got em, except I couldn't find the Xing paper from 2013 on pubmed. Guess I will have to come up with some other link

What is PM?
here are 2 more...
7. Effects of the Kava Chalcone Flaxokawain A Differ in Bladder Cancer Cells with Wild-type versus Mutant p53. Zi, el. al.
UC, Irvine. Cancer Prevention Research 2008;1(6)November 2008.
8. Flaxokawain B, a kava chalcone, inhibits growth of human osteosarcoma cells through G2/M cell cycle arrest and apoptosis. Ji, et. al. Molecular Cancer 2013, 12:55. http://www.molecular-cancer.com/content/12/1/55

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector

There are more...so far I think I've sent you around 8...I'll write up more soon.

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
Private message ("inbox" at the top), or you can post them here
Looking through my notebook I think that is the all the full, complete papers I have. It is interesting that some of the research focuses on the flavokawains but Dr. Xing (was University of Minnesota, now University of Florida) seems convinced methysticin is involved. 2 more points-
1- the PubMed "paper" Planta Med 2013 79-P97 was actually the Abstract of a Talk that Dr. Xing did at 12th Annual Oxford Int'l. Conference on the Science of Botanicals. So, there is no complete paper. Just a page long Abstract.
2- One more I did not list regarding Cancer Prevention-- Lung Tumorigenesis Suppressing Effects of a Commercial Kava Extract and Its Selected Compounds in A/J Mice. American Journal of Chinese Medicine Vol. 39, Issue 04, 2011.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Hmm, wonder how it ended up in the "American Journal of Chinese Medicine" o_O

Thanks for the help Alia, going to update the site now.

Palmetto

Thank God!
One paper I read found less effect when using isolated flavokavains, than when using whole kava prepared traditionally. DHM was implicated. I've heard methysticin involved as well.