What's new

Kava and Sluggishness

A

Abdull

Hi there,
I have purchased different kinds of micronized Kava, such as: Tonga Pouni Ono, Borongoru and Samoa.
I am have diagnosed with ADHD and General Anxiety.
Two weeks before I started drinking Kava (Heady and Heavy) and found it was very sedative even the heady ones!
I take one tablespoon 12 PM, 2 PM and 5 PM.

My aim is to drink Kava to overcome my anxiety and cope stressful situations (I am Lawyer)
I want to drink it in my daytime but found it to interact with my cognitive abilities and put me in a sluggish mode right after my first cup where I have no desire to talk or engage in any deep talk or being socially active as I want to cope with my social phobia.

However, I found Kava very helpful to kill my anxiety and fear that inside me, it is just sedative in a way that I have no energy to interact socially and entertain people around.

Any advice?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hi there,
I have purchased different kinds of micronized Kava, such as: Tonga Pouni Ono, Borongoru and Samoa.
I am have diagnosed with ADHD and General Anxiety.
Two weeks before I started drinking Kava (Heady and Heavy) and found it was very sedative even the heady ones!
I take one tablespoon 12 PM, 2 PM and 5 PM.

My aim is to drink Kava to overcome my anxiety and cope stressful situations (I am Lawyer)
I want to drink it in my daytime but found it to interact with my cognitive abilities and put me in a sluggish mode right after my first cup where I have no desire to talk or engage in any deep talk or being socially active as I want to cope with my social phobia.

However, I found Kava very helpful to kill my anxiety and fear that inside me, it is just sedative in a way that I have no energy to interact socially and entertain people around.

Any advice?
Try Mo'i Instant instead, (link below) it's all kavain. Very heady.

A

Abdull

Try Mo'i Instant instead, (link below) it's all kavain. Very heady.
Thank you Krunʞy for your reply.

You mentioned Very Heady.
So, this product won’t make me sluggish and Slow?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Thank you Krunʞy for your reply.

You mentioned Very Heady.
So, this product won’t make me sluggish and Slow?
It shouldn't unless you are one of those rare people where heady kavas have the opposite effect. Assuming heady kavas have the intended effect for you in the past, this one will have the same uplifting effects without any drowsiness. Just remember that if you over indulge in any type of kava, the end result is the same...::couch::

The kavas you mentioned above are all heavy to some degree, with Borongoru being the heaviest of all.

Good luck!

Last edited: