What's new

Kava and the midwest

I'm from Minnesota and I don't know anyone who knows about kava to the best of my knowledge. They sell kava tinctures at a lot of health food stores in the twin cities. But most people likely haven't had a real kava experince.

Kimmer

Patently irritable
I'm from Minnesota and I don't know anyone who knows about kava to the best of my knowledge. They sell kava tinctures at a lot of health food stores in the twin cities. But most people likely haven't had a real kava experince.
Minnesota here too. Definitely recommend the vendors on the forum.

If only I new about this forum and the vendors a few years ago! I tried a number of the tinctures from health food stores and they were all junk. I almost gave up on kava until I found the kava forums while looking a little more into kava. I'm so glad that I did! I have been drinking kava daily from KWK to help with anxiety and it helps tremendously! I ran out but I just ordered from GHK to try out this time! We just might be the only ones in Minnesota who drink kava! :)

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
If only I new about this forum and the vendors a few years ago! I tried a number of the tinctures from health food stores and they were all junk. I almost gave up on kava until I found the kava forums while looking a little more into kava. I'm so glad that I did! I have been drinking kava daily from KWK to help with anxiety and it helps tremendously! I ran out but I just ordered from GHK to try out this time! We just might be the only ones in Minnesota who drink kava! :)
Me too I'm in Minneapolis Metro. Who knew MN is the Kava hotspot of the MidWest? I've got a few friends to try it but none asked for more. My buddy is always on me about starting a kava bar in Duluth yet he never wants kava again.

Me too I'm in Minneapolis Metro. Who knew MN is the Kava hotspot of the MidWest? I've got a few friends to try it but none asked for more. My buddy is always on me about starting a kava bar in Duluth yet he never wants kava again.
I'm in the twin cities metro too! Duluth would be a great place for a kava bar, but I think a kava bar could get great business in Minneapolis too! You would just need to be able to get the word out about it.

Reactions: Myk

Kimmer

Patently irritable
I'm in the twin cities metro too! Duluth would be a great place for a kava bar, but I think a kava bar could get great business in Minneapolis too! You would just need to be able to get the word out about it.
I'm in W. St. Paul but work downtown Minneapolis

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
I'm out in Eden Prairie. I've often thought to start up a kava bar first maybe just a private club until you could build a customer base.

_byron

Kava Enthusiast
Bumping this old thread to share a Minneapolis awa finding. Some local musicians are hosting a pop-up kava bar mini-series in nov.-dec. called kavasota. Have no idea what this is like but thought I'd share my findings.

Kimmer

Patently irritable
Bumping this old thread to share a Minneapolis awa finding. Some local musicians are hosting a pop-up kava bar mini-series in nov.-dec. called kavasota. Have no idea what this is like but thought I'd share my findings.
Thanks for sharing! I'll keep my eyes open for it!

Kimmer

Patently irritable
Yep thats what I found. It is cool to know there is a kava scene in mn. Also I was told that the band Rootz Within (out of Detroit Lakes) has a kava bar at concerts though I cannot find anything online verifying this.
@_byron My daughter goes to these musical festivals all the time (she's in New Ulm). I'll ask her if she's heard of Rootz Within.

I'm curious as to how popular kava actually is with my fellow mid westerners. I ask people about it and nobody has ever really heard about it, let alone tried it. I really wish there was a market for it here considering how sociable i become after a few shells. Some people to share with would be fantastic.
Hi there, i live in Wisconsin and just tried Kava for the first time about 20 minutes ago. I have never heard of anone using it around here. I was reading the other night after work, I'm a chef so I'll pretty much try anything.. Got on Amazon and orsered it immediately, recived thwe bag today, already feeling some affects and looking forward to see how I feel in awhile..

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
A chef who likes pot pie and kava. Sounds like a winner! Welcome, and i hope you find this forum to be helpful.

Closest I can claim to being a midwesterner is my grandma was from Iowa, and i'm genetically predisposed to enjoying cheese and pork.

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
West-central WI here. I don't personally know anyone who's heard of kava around here.

Sounds like there are a fair number of kava drinkers in this area. We should get together and throw back a few shells!!!!