What's new

Kava appreciation re-kindled.

TrevC

Kava Enthusiast
I've used Kava off-and-on for almost 3 years, and daily for over a year.
As reported recently, I ran into some weirdness with Loa Waka. (Only 15 minutes or so of mood elevation, with a strange and lasting "comedown" effect afterwards.)
However, I had switched to exclusively using AluBall prep.

A few days ago, I switched back over to traditional knead-and-strain. I didn't want to post anything the first day, but I had immediate positive results.
I wanted to give it a couple more gos before saying anything... but I've found myself so much happier.

Some time back, I stopped altogether, out of concern for my liver (I know, I know...) and weird feelings in my right side.
I stopped abruptly, knowing there are reportedly no physical dependency withdrawals from Kava.
I do take K@, in low daily servings. (I was at one time taking easily 20 grams a day.)
Reached a place with it where it was just a nice even keel - no waking up in WDs like I used to. Very pleasant.
The Kava was the LIFT at the end of the day.
But like I said, I got apprehensive, and just stopped. For one day.
I woke up at 3am with weird electric arms and legs. Felt just like K@ WDs.
Super weird. I don't think it was purely Kava... I think it was me, and somehow connected with K@.
Although, like I said, I haven't changed my K@ dosage or schedule.

Long story short, I have gone back to traditional prep, and am happier overall.
It doesn't kick as hard on the front-end, like it does with AluBall prep, but I like it.
I'm spacing shells, and treat the whole thing ceremoniously, as it has been done for years.

There's something to it.

P.S. Watermelon is my new favorite post-Kava mouth-splashing fruit. It used to be Pineapple or an aloe drink.