What's new

Kava as Anti-Anxiety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toastedavalanche

Kava Curious
Helloooo!

I'm a new Kava user who is mainly intending to use it as an anti-anxiety treatment. I bought a case of Kava candy just so I could break through the reverse tolerance barrier and acclimatize myself. So far I'm loving the numb tongue and a slight feeling of relaxation. They have been a great help when I've been stressed out on a late shift at work and I actually really love the bittersweet taste! The only adverse effect is I sometimes get stomach upset, but I guess that's a reaction to the sorbitol?

Anywho.... my main question is: I was wondering if anyone has taken Kava in conjunction with antidepressants (SSRI's) and if the two had any adverse effects? Any info you can give me would be great.

Thanks,

TA

BulaJones

My tongue is numb!
I have been taking kava for a month with 40mg paroxetine (paxil). So far everything seems fine. I was dealing with crippling anxiety and depression. The paroxetine helped, but it wasn't enough. Kava to the rescue. My anxiety is 99% gone. I don't really feel depressed, but I don't feel very ambitious either (maybe thats the kava ;) )

Toastedavalanche

Kava Curious
Thanks for sharing. I'm on 40mg Fluoxitine (prozac) which seems to be helping the depression, but doing nothing for my anxiety. I was hoping the Kava could balance it out. If it works for me as it has for you, then this might just be the answer. I can finally do the Peter Parker Saturday Night Fever strut, like in Spiderman 3, and not care about anyone's hateful judgmental stares! The dream is real! :wideyed:

Status
Not open for further replies.