What's new

Kava available in Australia

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast
Supply chain issues due to Covid I'd imagine would be a factor. In the meantime, I'm seeing plenty of branded kava for sale on FB marketplace, so at least there's something available.

Sunset_squash67

Aus kava enthusiast
Supply chain issues due to Covid I'd imagine would be a factor. In the meantime, I'm seeing plenty of branded kava for sale on FB marketplace, so at least there's something available.
Yeha I have seen FB market Kava for a while. I have considered purchasing, however I have only used FijiKava capsules before so I don't have a reference point for "real" traditional kava powder. I'm a bit iffy of buying brown powder off old mate on Facebook

Sunset_squash67

Aus kava enthusiast
Anyone dealt with these guys before:

Apparently they got their shipment a few days ago so can deliver now. Prices are very very high though...

Sunset_squash67

Aus kava enthusiast
Yeah I'll give them a miss at $340 a kilo! :LOL:
I ended up purchasing some kava off Amazon from Bilo Vinaka.. 55 dollars for 250grams. Due to arrive Thurs/Fri. Will let you know my experience with them.

Couldn't find much on the net regarding their product, but there was a review on this website and seems like it's a 3-4 out of 5 product

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast
I ended up purchasing some kava off Amazon from Bilo Vinaka.. 55 dollars for 250grams. Due to arrive Thurs/Fri. Will let you know my experience with them.

Couldn't find much on the net regarding their product, but there was a review on this website and seems like it's a 3-4 out of 5 product
Looks like its coming from overseas, so just be prepared it might be seized by by customs...

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast
Another source! An online booze shop, but ok!

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
I've made contact with Wakanavu and the guy who runs it seems lovely, has answered all my questions bar whether they're actually cleared for sale here under the pilot program tho i asked a few times (you'd think that interstate would be fine regardless, but all my kava coming from another Sydney has been seized...Tas customs is stricter than most, tho). He has some varieties avail out of Syd and Melb, and will have a lot more in a month including the Lomi kava that got a very nice review from Kavasseur and others. Have ordered some Premium Savusavu Waka, $250 a kilo so not cheap but will let you know how it is once my stubborn reverse tolerance is done this round...
by the kava gods i'll be happy to stop my crappy ritual of emptying out caps to make a brew :grumpy:

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
what is the best way to review these kavas so they're grouped for others aussies to find? a special tag? or just reply to this thread?
getting pretty excited seeing all these new products popping up for sale. can't wait to try them alllll. don't burn any more of my kava, customs ::madmadfacez::

Sunset_squash67

Aus kava enthusiast
what is the best way to review these kavas so they're grouped for others aussies to find? a special tag? or just reply to this thread?
getting pretty excited seeing all these new products popping up for sale. can't wait to try them alllll. don't burn any more of my kava, customs ::madmadfacez::
I'm surprised customs is still seizing your kava even though the pilot program is in effect? I hope my order is ok lol.

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
I'm surprised customs is still seizing your kava even though the pilot program is in effect? I hope my order is ok lol.
As I understand it, only approved kava with the required permits is legal under the pilot program, so random kava still a no go.
Unless you're bringing it in on your person. Apparently, then random kava is totally fine :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Sunset_squash67

Aus kava enthusiast
As I understand it, only approved kava with the required permits is legal under the pilot program, so random kava still a no go.
Unless you're bringing it in on your person. Apparently, then random kava is totally fine :rolleyes:
Geez so confusing

By the way, just a Amazon notification that my Kava is arriving today. Guess it was all good then?

I will post a review after trying it today. Keep in mind this is my first time.using kava.

Any tips? I have a nut milk bag and plan to do traditional method. I hope to get a mild buzz but mainly to help with anxiety at the moment. What dose would you recommend? How many grams of powder to how much water?