What's new

Kava available in Australia

Lotalife

Kava Curious
I don't know how you do 1L straight up lol.

Yeah I got some root and pestle coming in the mail to. I added some instant aswell since I've only had traditional grind thus far.

How do you get on Blue Lagoon (taste wise)? My mates found the taste fine it seems like I'm the only one who feels it's super strong lol.
Ordered the blue lagoon 4 pack of different 100g offerings. Tried the Loa Kasa Leka from Bua, Fiji. Very nice! Very calming effects and didn’t mind the taste. Looking forward to try the others.

BLK.Matt

Blue Lagoon Kava
Australian Importer
Ordered the blue lagoon 4 pack of different 100g offerings. Tried the Loa Kasa Leka from Bua, Fiji. Very nice! Very calming effects and didn’t mind the taste. Looking forward to try the others.
Thanks for the awesome feedback. Looking forward to hearing how you find the others :)

Bashed Crab

australiakavashop.com.au
Kava Vendor
Australian Importer
Ahoy there you kava lay abouts - hope all is well on the forums!

First up stoked to see that so many vendors on here are pushing the best practice with HACCAP, in house and external noble testing etc. Kava has been such a big part of my life for so long and like the long termers on here you want to see it presented in the best light. To see that the majority of vendors are making all the effort in the world for it to be a success in Oz warms the cockles of this kava degenerates heart! I think as the market matures, we will see the players that are doing the right thing stick around and the cowboys selling "waka" for $120 on facebook hopefully fuck right off and not take the phase 2 roll out with them.

Anyways a quick heads up that our Kelai (not to be confused with Forney Kelai) is currently on sale for today at 20% off. We love it and I noticed that a few others on here have already tried it and are in agreement with us re its heady quality.

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast
I grabbed a kilo of Lami waka from Amazon yesterday, as I'd run out of everything bar the above mentioned Kelai, which isn't ideal for sleeping! Anyway, $150, same day delivery, and I slept pretty well on it, so happy days!

Sunset_squash67

Aus kava enthusiast
I grabbed a kilo of Lami waka from Amazon yesterday, as I'd run out of everything bar the above mentioned Kelai, which isn't ideal for sleeping! Anyway, $150, same day delivery, and I slept pretty well on it, so happy days!
Fantastic to hear. It's funny that Kelai is considered super heady, however even in higher doses (50g) and dosing in the evening I found it didn't have a negative impact on my sleep - it was very neutral. This was root and pestle traditional grind

OzKava

The wonderful kava of Oz
Kava Vendor
Australian Importer
Tried some of the OzKava instant green roots kava this afternoon. This is amazing kava. Strong and convenient. Went 2 teaspoons in about 200mls times 3 over 1.5 hours. Great buzz and smooth taste!
Thanks Lotalife for your review. We have to agree that it is wonderfu stuff and so convenient. ::tipshat::
Peter, ozkava.au

KF approv - Forney logos 31-3-22.png

Agador

Today is only yesterday's tomorrow
Tried some of the OzKava instant green roots kava this afternoon. This is amazing kava. Strong and convenient. Went 2 teaspoons in about 200mls times 3 over 1.5 hours. Great buzz and smooth taste!
Have to agree with you there Lotalife. Ive tried Root & Pestle's Kelai, borogoru and melo melo instants and didn't have much success with them. I found that even after 4 heaped teaspoons, while I might have taken off from the runway, I was by no means flying.

However Ozkava's instant gets me where I want to be, with 2 to 2 and a half heaped teaspoons. Very convenient if traveling, or preparation time is not available for traditional kava.

OzKava

The wonderful kava of Oz
Kava Vendor
Australian Importer
Thanks for giving your opinion Agador. For most people not much of our Instant is required compared to medium grind so that, per session, Instant is price competitive.

Just think, six months ago we were all living in a kava desert and now Australians are living in a kava oasis. We need to spread the word about what a fantastic beverage it is.

Peter ozkava.au

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast
Have to agree with you there Lotalife. Ive tried Root & Pestle's Kelai, borogoru and melo melo instants and didn't have much success with them. I found that even after 4 heaped teaspoons, while I might have taken off from the runway, I was by no means flying.

However Ozkava's instant gets me where I want to be, with 2 to 2 and a half heaped teaspoons. Very convenient if traveling, or preparation time is not available for traditional kava.
Can confirm, it's an absolute bell ringer!! Two heaped teaspoons and I'm flying! Note to self - don't have for breakfast in future...!

Agador

Today is only yesterday's tomorrow
Hey, fantastic promo clip Cam!

I really enjoy your quality kava offerings and your great service. I’ll send a link of this video to my friends.

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast
Glad you're enjoying it, Nodsey. Should make a morning commute much more pleasant. ::rootedgrin::

Peter
ozkava.au

View attachment 12595
Hey Peter, I'm interested in the prep method you use for the instant? I'm assuming you don't have a team of people kneading furiously all day?! I'm also interested in a comparison with the traditional grind vs instant, ie 10 grams of instant equals how many grams of medium grind? Thanks!

OzKava

The wonderful kava of Oz
Kava Vendor
Australian Importer
@Nodsey, the Instant Kava we stock is made in Vanuatu by our processor. I am only aware of two kava processors that use this method, the other one is in Hawaii. The exact process is a trade secret. ::evillaugh2::

As for quantities I suggest starting with 5g instant in say, 150ml of water. Repeat each 15 minutes until you reach the desired level of relaxation. For the next session you will have a better idea of quantities and intervals. IMHO it is always better to begin with a conservative approach and adjust from there.

Enjoy!
Peter, ozkava.au

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I have recently had the pleasure of trying Karan's Fijian kava and my preliminary reaction is that it is super strong and fresh tasting. It reminds me of Squanch kava and that should be taken as a compliment as I have never had another kava that comes remotely close to the powerhouse that is Squanch.

Karan's kava is the first one to come very close, maybe stronger..? Idk yet, more to come.

Sunset_squash67

Aus kava enthusiast
I have recently had the pleasure of trying Karan's Fijian kava and my preliminary reaction is that it is super strong and fresh tasting. It reminds me of Squanch kava and that should be taken as a compliment as I have never had another kava that comes remotely close to the powerhouse that is Squanch.

Karan's kava is the first one to come very close, maybe stronger..? Idk yet, more to come.
This sounds very interesting. Would you describe it as heady? Or heavy?

I have been drinking mainly root and pestle kava lately (so Vanuatu) but would like to get back into some good Fijian as well. However, I want to stay away from anything that can cause stimulation as I have just recently gotten over some sleep issues and don't want to go backwards!

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
This sounds very interesting. Would you describe it as heady? Or heavy?

I have been drinking mainly root and pestle kava lately (so Vanuatu) but would like to get back into some good Fijian as well. However, I want to stay away from anything that can cause stimulation as I have just recently gotten over some sleep issues and don't want to go backwards!
It's really both, so I suppose balanced, it could have been that I hadn't drank any kava in a little over a month but it has been consistently beating me down, in the best possible way. It may actually be too strong for me.

It leans heavy cause it always knocks me out, sorry, missed the last part of your previous comment. It does have an intense kavain rush if you drink too much, too fast, which could be confused with a heady kava.

Last edited:

Karans Kava

Quality Kava At An Affordable Price !
Australian Importer

Really want to know how you go with batch NO.2

vinaka