What's new

Kava Branding- Psychedelic Water

Jacob Bula

Nobody

Has anyone heard of this product? As advocates for both of the things they are alluding to, it makes me feel uncomfortable scrolling through their marketing materials. I feel like this hurts kava's image and psychedelics image by incorrectly labeling kava as psychedelic and then suggesting that "every day is psychedelic". I may be overthinking this.

On one hand, I like to see pre-made kava products to introduce kava to a wider audience of people that may be initially put-off by traditional prep; however, i don't feel the branding is an accurate representation of our favorite beverage.

While pre-made options aren't my thing, I feel like Karuna Kava has managed to show the rest of the market what pre-made options should look like!

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
They seems to have found retailers who can sell their stuff.

Its time for the kava industry to level up.
And make a RTD beverage for the market.

The kava producing countries should pay attention so that others don't seize their products and idea. They should invent new products and earn profits from it.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder

Has anyone heard of this product? As advocates for both of the things they are alluding to, it makes me feel uncomfortable scrolling through their marketing materials. I feel like this hurts kava's image and psychedelics image by incorrectly labeling kava as psychedelic and then suggesting that "every day is psychedelic". I may be overthinking this.

On one hand, I like to see pre-made kava products to introduce kava to a wider audience of people that may be initially put-off by traditional prep; however, i don't feel the branding is an accurate representation of our favorite beverage.

While pre-made options aren't my thing, I feel like Karuna Kava has managed to show the rest of the market what pre-made options should look like!
"if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". In that case, I love the label. ;)

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I don’t think this is that big of a deal. It looks classier than a legal high product. I struggle to anticipate whether this is actually good or bad for the public perception of psychedelics. It may even be a little destigmatizing. I would love to see the word used without any sphincters tightened. However, psychedelics are not something that should be confused with a refreshment. So a double edged sword. When it comes down to it, the average consumer puts almost zero consideration into a product. No doubt that word will catch someone’s eye. I wonder how much they had to pay to get the Murda beatz seal of approval.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin

I guess they're beyond calling it a Tea beverage.
Ingredients:
Blackberry+Yuzu: Carbonated water, erythritol, natural flavors, blackberry juice concentrate, organic lemon juice concentrate, monk fruit concentrate, kava kava root extract, damiana leaf extract, green tea leaf extract.

Hibiscus+Lime: Carbonated water, erythritol, natural flavors, hibiscus concentrate, concentrated lime juice, monk fruit concentrate, kava kava root extract, damiana leaf extract, green tea leaf extract.

Oolong+Orange Blossom: Carbonated filtered water, erythritol, oolong tea, natural flavor, monk fruit juice concentrate, citric acid, kava kava root extract, damiana leaf extract, green tea leaf extract.

This is water, sugar and a bunch of extracts and concentrates with a touch of additives as preservatives. :hungry: I fail to see ANY kava in there.

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
Not as bad as the feel free tonic. Where they tell you its kava and other “herbs”. Embarrassing

Rooted_Socialite

Lansing, MI
Kava Bar Owner
Fascinating article about the founder's intentions for the company moving forward. Skip to the end.

Jack3

Kava Curious
If anything, kava is somewhat reminiscent of empathogens like MDA or MDMA for me. There is a desire for connection, increased sociability, and sentimentality that I feel with kava that reminds me of these other medicines.

I guess the press on research with psychedelics over the past 20 years or so plus the best seller by Michael Pollan have created a buzz that marketeers want to capitalize on. There is certainly a lot of profiteering with cannabis and psychedelics since the laws have been relaxing.

It’s a part of our culture. Caveat Emptor. Let the buyer beware.