What's new

Kava buzz location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
I find that the "kava buzz" is confined mostly to the head and is short lived unless I've been drinking kava for about 3 consecutive days at least when it starts to take less to get the job done. I do kind of feel it in the body as well. Who here would say the buzz is in the body and would say it's in the head?

Also, why in the world would the buzz be confined to a certain location? Is it caused by vasoconstriction in the brain or actually by dopamine release? If it's dopamine, why would it be confined to the head? That seems illogical, that the brain would select the head as the location for the buzz and not just be non-selective about it is very strange.

For this reason, I think it's caused by vasoconstriction or something similar because dopamine probably just modulates how much you "like" something. So, you get this feeling in your head or body and the dopamine tells you that it feels good basically. Evidence for this is that I haven't gotten a buzz from alcohol, although it is extremely euphoric.

These are my Kava filled thoughts lol. So, there's probably not an answer to them besides your experiences with the kava buzz.

The kava buzz seems to correlate with the numbness in the mouth, and feels like a "numbing of the brain".

Last edited:

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
It either hits me in the head (looking at you Fijian and Moi) or makes my body feel it, generally in my joints. Have you tried any good body profiled kavas? 11 year seems to be more in my body. So does the boro... type kavas. Higher double bonded kavalactons seems to be body types while kavain and yangonin will hit my in the head hard. When going for the heady strains I try to find one with yangonin as high as possible in the kava profile. A few years back I got a kava that had it in the second position 432... iirc not sure about the third place. Best heady kava ever, both @Squanch72 and I got it about the same time. That began our love of Fijian. Haven't found one like that again... I notice he sales Kava now and seems to favor Fijian kavas!

Last edited:

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
That being said most people separated Kava into two types: body and heady. I prefer three categories: heady, heavy, and body. Heady can give me a head buzz, body can give my knees and other joints a tingling buzz type feel, and heavy just relaxes my entire body making me get what is known as couch locked. The wifu on the other hand just becomes a perv with any type of Kava, especially a heady one.::awesomenessz::

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
That being said most people separated Kava into two types: body and heady. I prefer three categories: heady, heavy, and body. Heady can give me a head buzz, body can give my knees and other joints a tingling buzz type feel, and heavy just relaxes my entire body making me get what is known as couch locked. The wifu on the other hand just becomes a perv with any type of Kava, especially a heady one.::awesomenessz::
I don't seem to have experienced a body buzz. I've had Dua Na Bilo, Kava Bati (Fijian), Squanch Waka, and Nambawan in my recent go around with Kava. But, it is reasonable to say that I just haven't felt the body buzz because I've always been intently focused on my head. Right now, if I focus on my body I can sort of feel a tingling and a buzzing.

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
@avahZ what is your favourite heady kava at the moment?

I think i have found out for myself, that i really love yangonin. I remember VKS Kaolik fondly and do have a very small amount left.
But have not found any 43xxx Kavas recently. I think 43256 would be perfect.
Yeah, I have to settle for lots of kavain, but what I really want is lot and lots of Yangonin. Not many like us out there....

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah, I have to settle for lots of kavain, but what I really want is lot and lots of Yangonin. Not many like us out there....
I wonder why. It's said it produces anxiety but how much of that turns out to be self-fulfilling prophecy? I find the component yangonin adds euphoric, creative and veil lifting...it feels like much much more is possible.

TJo

Kava Curious
Crazy, just as I was about to start a post about this subject. I don't have much experience with Kava and only have had one strain, soon to be two. I feel the buzz kick in around my temples, around that area starts to numb and then everything else seems to follow, it's a very nice feeling.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
@avahZ what is your favourite heady kava at the moment?

I think i have found out for myself, that i really love yangonin. I remember VKS Kaolik fondly and do have a very small amount left.
But have not found any 43xxx Kavas recently. I think 43256 would be perfect.
Sorry bout not responding to this one sooner, l just noticed it. Currently I don’t have a favorite, nothing special has hit me. I still fall back on the Moi (good stuff), but atm nothing on the market that blows me off my feet. I think I am a yangoninphile :) It does seem these current batches are more body focused... And with the current price spike/new normal, I don’t get to experiment as much as I would like.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Sorry bout not responding to this one sooner, l just noticed it. Currently I don’t have a favorite, nothing special has hit me. I still fall back on the Moi (good stuff), but atm nothing on the market that blows me off my feet. I think I am a yangoninphile :) It does seem these current batches are more body focused... And with the current price spike/new normal, I don’t get to experiment as much as I would like.
It's not too bad now, what with a bunch of Tonga root showing up. Tongan Family Reserve from the kavaroots, Kava Tonga from Kavafied, and Eua, Kula and Akau from BKH. Also don't forget the RoH Samoan is really quite good and heady. And last but not least, Myjadesa's Rahmwanger Sakau from Pohnpei is really nice and heady. There's a fair bit out there now, unlike, say 6 or 7 months ago when I first started looking into it. I just showed up right after Pouni Ono disappeared. But you are right about price. TFR runs $90/lb shipped to the US and Kava Tonga runs $100. That is very expensive kava. It's also extremely good kava.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I wonder why. It's said it produces anxiety but how much of that turns out to be self-fulfilling prophecy? I find the component yangonin adds euphoric, creative and veil lifting...it feels like much much more is possible.

It's a cb1 agonist. Some can handle it some cant. Same with thc. And same with thujone.

Status
Not open for further replies.