What's new

Kava Recipe Kava Cocktail Recipes

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
Hey! Im going to use this thread to post some kava cocktail recipes I've made and enjoy. I wont post anything simple but still really good, like adding flavored creamer to kava haha. Id love to see what other kava cocktail recipes are out there if yall have any fun ones! Here's my first (very obvious one heh).

Kava Colada

4 oz chilled kadavu kava made with 20% coconut milk (the rest can be water or coconut water). I make this kava with 100 to 200g kava powder (depending on how strong I want it) 25oz coconut milk using the blender method. Squeeze and strain. Put kava liquid in a bucket and top off to fill to the 1 gallon mark with water.

1 oz coconut cream

1 oz pinapple juice

1 oz home made non-alcoholic Rum (don't use real rum ;) ) (optional) - Combine 2/3 cup boiling water, 1/4 cup raisins, 2 tablespoons butter, 4 teaspoons molasses, and pinch salt in bowl. Submerge 1 black tea bag in water mixture for 4 minutes. Refrigerate for 1 hour to let flavors meld. Strain and use in place of dark rum. (recipe from cooks illustrated)

Ice

1/4 tsp blue spirulina (optional)

Combine ingredients in a blender with enough ice to blend into a slush. Blend it up and pour. If u have a tiki glass that'd be fun. Stick a fresh pineapple slice on the rim to make it fancy. If you end up doing the blue spirulina itll turn the drink a cool blue color and add a ton of health benefits without messing with the kava effects.

ALT

If you want to make a PAINKILLA use the recipe above add 1oz orange juice and a pinch of nutmeg. Combine ingredients in a shaker with 4 to 5 cubes of ice. Shake. Add ice to a glass, take off the small top of the cocktail shaker and let the painkiller flow thru the holes, over the ice. top with a small sprinkle of nutmeg.

Last edited:

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Interesting! Explain please, 4oz of Kadavu, made from a brew of...tell me if I have the recipe.
750ml water, 100-200g Kava, so, I'll go for 228g. Okay? of some fine roots.And one liter, or 1500ml even, water, you're saying top it off to a gallon with coconut water, and make sure the initial mix includes coconut fat at a 1/5ths ratio? Why not just blend the roots in the whole gallon of liquid for even distribution? And are we using this as a primary ingredient in frozen or blended drinks, in place of a rum cocktail? I like the idea and I love Kava with coconut, sincerely.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
The recipe sounds great, please make a video demonstration of it for me.

coconut cream
pinapple juice
hot water,
raisins
butter, molasses, boiled rum, or chocolate
salt
fire roasted camellia sinensis
Kadavu Kava

this sounds excellent!

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
Interesting! Explain please, 4oz of Kadavu, made from a brew of...tell me if I have the recipe.
750ml water, 100-200g Kava, so, I'll go for 228g. Okay? of some fine roots.And one liter, or 1500ml even, water, you're saying top it off to a gallon with coconut water, and make sure the initial mix includes coconut fat at a 1/5ths ratio? Why not just blend the roots in the whole gallon of liquid for even distribution? And are we using this as a primary ingredient in frozen or blended drinks, in place of a rum cocktail? I like the idea and I love Kava with coconut, sincerely.
Hey! Thanks lot! yah 228g works just fine. Was just putting what I've used. You can make it as strong as you like. I was trying to say in the recipe to top off with water so you will have a total of 1 gallon of liquid at the end. You can blend the roots in the whole gallon of liquid if you like. I was using the blender method and I didn't want to do multiple batches. Yah that will be the primary ingredient in frozen or blended drinks in place of rum.

Another alt method is to us 50g or 60g kava with 5oz coconut milk and 20oz water using the single serving blender method. Then use 4oz of that in your kava colada. Itll give you about 5 cocktails worth of kava for a small group and itll be a bit stronger.

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
The recipe sounds great, please make a video demonstration of it for me.

coconut cream
pinapple juice
hot water,
raisins
butter, molasses, boiled rum, or chocolate
salt
fire roasted camellia sinensis
Kadavu Kava

this sounds excellent!
I will do! I've been working on that for a bit. I cant guarantee the quality will be great at first haha but itll get better.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Almost said "Nooo!!!1!! You can't use rum!!" Then I took two seconds to google NA Rum. Didn't know non-alcoholic rum was even a thing.

Love these recipes. We're always open to culinary inclusions w/ kava.

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
Almost said "Nooo!!!1!! You can't use rum!!" Then I took two seconds to google NA Rum. Didn't know non-alcoholic rum was even a thing.

Love these recipes. We're always open to culinary inclusions w/ kava.
haha I'll change that actually. I dont want anyone to add actual rum lol. yah it's just something that tastes similar to spiced rum in a cocktail. U dont nee dto do it but it makes the drink better than it already is.

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
Just made a first video of a kava chai I make. Im on a keto diet which is why I use hemp milk. I make this and steep the left over chai spices to make a chai tea water to thin the kava milk and add some extra flavor.

Its my first video so its a bit rough but its in a style i like. Let me know what else youd like me to make and ill put it on the list of upcoming vids. Also any improvement reccomendations are welcome! Heres the vid: Kava Chai