What's new

Kava coffee brew?

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
When I was using my coffee grinder this morning to make my morning cup of coffee, I thought about that I last evening used it to grind some roots.
I did some googling about it but could not find anything about it really. My question is, does anyone have an experience using coffee and kava in the same brew?
Like I know that some people don't like to mix caffeine with kava, or that some people like the combo of drinking some coffee with their kava like a chaser and extra stimuli.

But I mean mixing grinded coffee beans with kava powder, as a brew. I could just try it myself of course and I will do that. But it's too late for coffee where I live at the moment, so I am starting this thread to see if someone else have had this kinda stupid idea in their head?

Bula!

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
I actually tried mixing cold brewed coffee with some cold Kava brew and it was kinda good, actually. At least it was better than I expected. But this was with a brew made from sun dried fresh kava roots that have a lot of cinnamon and nutmeg tones in it. Maybe that played in a bit. But I am probably doing this mix again, an ice cold mix of kava and coffee on a hot day. It's probably good to mention that I have been a daily coffee drinker for like 15 years, so I am a bit biased.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I actually tried mixing cold brewed coffee with some cold Kava brew and it was kinda good, actually. At least it was better than I expected. But this was with a brew made from sun dried fresh kava roots that have a lot of cinnamon and nutmeg tones in it. Maybe that played in a bit. But I am probably doing this mix again, an ice cold mix of kava and coffee on a hot day. It's probably good to mention that I have been a daily coffee drinker for like 15 years, so I am a bit biased.
Here's a recipe;

Yogini

Well... there ya have it.
Which strain do you have with the coffee? I'm assuming something heady? I'm not a big coffee drinker anymore but I'm curious if one offsets the other or do they balance each other out? I have nothing against coffee. It just doesn't settle with my nervous system all the time.
Iced coffee and Kava brew. 50/50 blend. Perfect on a hot day!

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
Which strain do you have with the coffee? I'm assuming something heady? I'm not a big coffee drinker anymore but I'm curious if one offsets the other or do they balance each other out? I have nothing against coffee. It just doesn't settle with my nervous system all the time.
The blend was with a kinda heavy strain, Waka. As far as I understand, it's supposed to be moderately heavy. The roots are from Fiji Fresh.
I usually drink my coffee in 1-3 sips and then drinking the rest in one go, it's just a habit I have. Did the same now and I found the Kava and
caffeine kick in within some minutes and had a nice relaxed body with a calm but at the same time speedy brain.