What's new

Kava Preparation Kava consistency

Alfred

Kava Curious
Hey all I had a question on kava consistency. I have been using KWK Borongu and the Fuji loa waka. I recently purchased roots of happiness vanuatu and it looked completely different than the KWK. The ROH was almost a powdery consistency while the KWK was more granular. Any difference in quality or is this just how ROH processes their kava. I can say that I thought the KWK was better and really liked the mind clearing effects of the Loa waka. Any thoughts from the kava veterans out there? Thanks all.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

F3TU5

Kava Enthusiast
KWK is way better than ROH in my opinion. Their melo, pouni, and vanuata are a little finer in grind. And yeah their loa waka is so good. Never had something so balanced.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hey all I had a question on kava consistency. I have been using KWK Borongu and the Fuji loa waka. I recently purchased roots of happiness vanuatu and it looked completely different than the KWK. The ROH was almost a powdery consistency while the KWK was more granular. Any difference in quality or is this just how ROH processes their kava. I can say that I thought the KWK was better and really liked the mind clearing effects of the Loa waka. Any thoughts from the kava veterans out there? Thanks all.

As far as type of grind, they may all vary slightly but it's nothing to worry about. Vendors may grind their kava differently but it doesn'y reflect quality. Noble vs non Noble kava is what you want to keep an eye out for.

Alfred

Kava Curious
KWK is way better than ROH in my opinion. Their melo, pouni, and vanuata are a little finer in grind. And yeah their loa waka is so good. Never had something so balanced.
Thanks! And totally agree. Not very impressed with ROH but have had great results with KWK and I am by no means a expert just started my kava journey a month ago. The fiji blend just totally clears my racing mind while the Borongu really mellows me out. Haven't tried the pouni but have read reviews and seems to be a positive uplift kind of strain. Thanks for your reply.

Alfred

Kava Curious
As far as type of grind, they may all vary slightly but it's nothing to worry about. Vendors may grind their kava differently but it doesn'y reflect quality. Noble vs non Noble kava is what you want to keep an eye out for.
Indeed. That much I found out searching this forum (noble) I think I will stick to the KWK just because it seems to give me the best results for my anxiety... thank you for the reply.