What's new

Kava FKB testing confusion.

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
Testing a batch of wakacon fiji waka. Color looks pretty much like cloudy pee under most lighting. Didn't get a chance to test it in the sun. Under some warmer colored incandecent lighting it looks kinda orange but not really. I will post a few pics in a bit.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412990280.301321.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412990330.108840.jpg

I'm comparing it to pictures of others in the kava safety testing thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
Well crap. The pics don't look the same as the actual color appears to my eyes.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Testing a batch of wakacon fiji waka. Color looks pretty much like cloudy pee under most lighting. Didn't get a chance to test it in the sun. Under some warmer colored incandecent lighting it looks kinda orange but not really. I will post a few pics in a bit.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD
So you know, when doing this test you are not testing for FKB. You need special equipment to do this.

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
My mistake. I mean tudei. Anyways the color is a golden. On a second note, does tudei even come out of Fiji?

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
Dr. Lebot - "Ooh no I don't want this kava! I want this kava!"

^^^ Classic

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

I don't know about all the testing stuff, but @yepimonfire, long time no see. How the hell are you man? Whoo hoo, the chief kava hoarder is back on the track Jack. That's two guys that have come back from vacation today. The Forum is rocking today!

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
My mistake. I mean tudei. Anyways the color is a golden. On a second note, does tudei even come out of Fiji?

Yes Tudei does come out of Fiji, they actually import more kava from Vanuatu than they export. On a side note, not all Fiji kava has tudei kava. There is a lot of good Fiji kava you just have to find a good supplier and stick with them. Aloha.

Chris