What's new

Kava flavor

Cameron

Kava Curious
I love the effects of kava but I am having such a hard time dealing with the taste. I thought I would perhaps get used to it but it seems to be getting worse, actually. I tried adding coffee creamer but it clumps up and isn’t too effective. Making my grog stronger doesn’t help either. I used to drink a lot of alcohol and I have used the other “k” herb without any problems (taste-wise.) Kava just seems to really taste extraordinarily foul. Any tips?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I love the effects of kava but I am having such a hard time dealing with the taste. I thought I would perhaps get used to it but it seems to be getting worse, actually. I tried adding coffee creamer but it clumps up and isn’t too effective. Making my grog stronger doesn’t help either. I used to drink a lot of alcohol and I have used the other “k” herb without any problems (taste-wise.) Kava just seems to really taste extraordinarily foul. Any tips?
Did you try liquid creamer? I think when they talk about creamer they're referring to the "Coffee Mate" type liquid creamers.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I have been using sunflower lecithin right from the start of my Kava journey, which began in October with Instant Green Vanautu, really good stuff too IMO, and I have tried some strong Kavas like Kavatime Gourmet Savusavu (my favorite non instant yet), Gourmet Hawaian M'oi (not instant), Thekavaroots Tongan Choice, and all of Kavasocietynz's varieties except Borogoru, which is en route with more lovely Palarasul.

I can't tolerate milk at all. Nor coconut milk. I just add lecithin to every Aluball/blender.

I eat tons of healthy fat though as a norm, and I wonder if we can be kind of stored up on it to get Kava's effects more whether we combine it with fats or not? To a limited point I mean.

I also take my Cod Liver Oil and assume it may work for potentiation.

But taste, yeah, the point here. Sunflower lecithin does help. I actually think a little unrefined salt helps too. Gonna read what you guys have said above now haha.

Last edited: