What's new

Kava Botany Kava Flowers.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi everyone, I thought I would share a few pictures of some real cool kava flowers. These flowers come from the Isa plant and it is not a Hawaiian kava. the flowers on the Isa are very big and long but the flowers on the Hawaiian 'Awa is noticeably not as long and not as big.
I took a picture of the Isa flowers so you can see what they look like up close. The white one is a young flower and the orange one is mature. There are no seeds produced but they still look cool. This Isa plant is in my collection, I do not sell Isa, I only sell "Pure Hawaiian" 'Awa and choice "Noble" Vanuatu kava as well as "Elite" Fijian kava. I hope you all enjoy the pictures. Aloha.

Chris
100_0376.JPG
100_0378.JPG

D

Deleted User01

Chris, I think I found some kava plants growing in the Pearl Brewery Entertainment section in San Antonio. As soon as I get off my butt, I'm going to send you the pictures I took. You know me, I'm great at uncovering "ornamental" kava and it is spreading in my back yard. It doesn't seem to mind the heat and it likes the shade and it loves being spat upon and cursed at (I thought it was the real thing when I first bought it).

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Chris, I think I found some kava plants growing in the Pearl Brewery Entertainment section in San Antonio. As soon as I get off my butt, I'm going to send you the pictures I took. You know me, I'm great at uncovering "ornamental" kava and it is spreading in my back yard. It doesn't seem to mind the heat and it likes the shade and it loves being spat upon and cursed at (I thought it was the real thing when I first bought it).
Huh, you are in San Antonio? Go Spurs!

Palmetto

Thank God!
I would love to know the cause of why the flowers develop poorly. And whether the ova and spermatazoa develop poorly as well. There are numerous cause in many plant families I know much better than piper. I have some suspicion that uneven chromosome lengths confuse the Prophase I stage of meiosis, making it impossible to produce gametes with proper numbers of chromosomes/crossing over in porophase I/mitotic spindle-centromere issues/ who knows what problems.Gene copy multiplication is probably responsible for the fact that noble cultivars have vastly higher levels of good KLs that are scarce in wichmannii. Those multiplied ( or increased gene promoter) effects related to the production of good KLs are not necessarily related to direct synthesis of the good KLs, but quite likely involving enzymes to convert heavy KLs into headier KLs too. That being said, my lawyer wants me to clarify that I do not discriminate on any basis according to the DHK level of a kava. So much for being politically correct.