What's new

Kava for sleep and anxiety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damer

Kava Curious
Hi all,

As some of you know, I suffer from a lot from anxiety, which is present at bed time. It ruins my sleep. I will NOT take benzos or drink alcohol to sleep everyday.
I've been drinking Mahakea and Nene. At first it was pretty good, it actually helped me sleep. But now, almost 2 weeks in, I get very anxious and feel heartbeat even though I feel the kava-buzz. Maybe it's because I'm a little stressed, but I think I need something "stronger".

I would like to drink a kava that'll knock me out at bed time. I know that kava is not a hard "drug", but I've read here that it can make you pretty sedated and can knock you out for sleep.

Any suggestions - other than Nene and Mahakea please?

Best,

Damer

D

Deleted User01

Sometimes when Kava doesn't "knock me out" at bed time, I will stop for a a day for two and let everything reset. On those days, I recommend exercise to help you sleep. There are a few other tips that you may already know. Don't watch Television , play with the computer, or eat 30 minutes before bedtime. Read a book or magazine or listen to music for 30 minutes before bedtime . After exercise, give it at least 30 minutes before you try to sleep.

KeepOnKrunkin'

Kava Enthusiast
Most anxiety stems from depression. Kava, nor anything else, didn't do squat for me until I got on an anti-depressant. Now I sleep like a baby. Kava's best use IMO is to unwind after a hard, stressful day. Much like how alot of idiots use alcohol.

verticity

I'm interested in things
You could try Kalm with Kava Borogu. It's chemotype is 245361. The number 5 in the third position means the kavalactone DHM is fairly prominent, so it should be relatively sedating. (There is a somewhat different chemotype cited on the KWK page from the Vanuatu Dept of Agriculture, though, so YMMV-- there could be different batches)

verticity

I'm interested in things
Global Kava Exports is the main place that ships to Europe, probably faster than from the US, but I don't know which of their kavas are considered sedating. Maybe you could look at some of their reviews.

Jade

Love. Like. Crazy.
You might try GHK's Borogoru. It is the best sleep inducing kava for me. It sedates and relaxes me also. Hope that your anxiety gets better soon. I know how that is. Anxiety sucks big time.

Jade

Love. Like. Crazy.
Don't forget to take good care of yourself, eat healthy, and don't be too hard on yourself.:):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.